• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

New from California

BCIII

Private
Minuteman
Oct 21, 2013
Ventura County, CA
Hello all. Coming here to gain some knowledge. Purchased my first bolt gun about two years ago. Remington 700 SPS Tactical in .308. Started off with a cheap Nikon to get used to the rifle. Do all my own hand-loading. Upgraded to a NightForce a few months back. Completely changed the rifle and my experience with it. The first several times I fired it with the NF on put a smile on my face. I think it still does actually. I am very comfortable out to 600 yds. Get shaky at 800. Hope to resolve this.

I just built my second 6.8 SPC. First one with 18", this one, I went 22" to try to reach out a bit farther. First day was killing steel at 600. This rifle will be a nice shooter.

I bought a new 700 ADL this weekend to tear apart and rebuild. I'm looking at a 6.5 Bartlein barrel chambered in .260 Rem. I have a highly regarded gun smith here locally who I will go to for chambering, blueprinting of the action, etc. Haven't decided on glass or stock yet as this project is likely to take at least 6 months.

Anyway, came here to learn. I've read a number of threads regarding 260 vs. 6.5 CM, barrel contours, scopes, etc. I hope to learn more about stocks..beyond comfort and FF, why one is better than another.

Thanks for being here.

260 is for hand loaders, 6.5 cm is for factory ammo shooters or for people who buy ammo sometimes and reload sometimes or who would like to just buy a box of ammo and know they'll get accuracy.