• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New from California

ArchibaldShoebuckle275

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2021
California
Hi,
Former Ranger Regiment and total ignorance to long range. Trying to get into it hopefully. I’m pretty solid on shooting fundamentals but pretty much need to learn the whole book when it comes to long range. Going to sell some of my useless guns soon to get into it. Noticed there’s some good information here so looking forward to learning.

You are about an hour from a great range, Sacramento Valley Shooting Center. There are tactical/F-Class/High power matches and practices there regularly. The long range course is not open for public walkons, but the most of the matches and practices run by the clubs allow non-members to shoot. There is also a 300 yard range this is open to the public.

Reactions: Dogtown
You are about an hour from a great range, Sacramento Valley Shooting Center. There are tactical/F-Class/High power matches and practices there regularly. The long range course is not open for public walkons, but the most of the matches and practices run by the clubs allow non-members to shoot. There is also a 300 yard range this is open to the public.
I’ve done pistol comp there and have checked out their long range club online. I’ll have to look into it further, looks like my best bet for getting into this stuff. Thanks.

Hi,
Former Ranger Regiment and total ignorance to long range. Trying to get into it hopefully. I’m pretty solid on shooting fundamentals but pretty much need to learn the whole book when it comes to long range. Going to sell some of my useless guns soon to get into it. Noticed there’s some good information here so looking forward to learning.
I was where you are a couple of years ago. Now I'm hand-loading precision ammo and hitting 1-mile targets. This forum has been invaluable in personal journey. My advice from that journey: (1) Don't be afraid to ask questions, (2) Search existing posts before asking as lots of questions are already answered, (3) Help others when you feel comfortable doing so, (4) Don't be afraid to buy and sell - getting a good reputation matters, and (5) Enjoy the recreational value of reading posts in the "Bear Pit" but never actually participate unless your participation includes total agreement with everything everyone else is saying. :ROFLMAO:

(5) Enjoy the recreational value of reading posts in the "Bear Pit" but never actually participate unless your participation includes total agreement with everything everyone else is saying. :ROFLMAO:

That place is bananas. It's a cauldron of conspiracy theories, flawed reasoning, logical fallacies, and some truly toxic people. Then again, you may be a gorilla.

That place is bananas. It's a cauldron of conspiracy theories, flawed reasoning, logical fallacies, and some truly toxic people. Then again, you may be a gorilla.
I've made the poor decision of providing a moderate, centrist, or dissenting perspective once or twice. It hasn't gone well for me. The last time, I was called a "Communist" and provided with instructions to "... go have gay sex with Hillary ...". While that one did make me laugh, I've decided there are better uses of my time.

I've made the poor decision of providing a moderate, centrist, or dissenting perspective once or twice. It hasn't gone well for me. The last time, I was called a "Communist" and provided with instructions to "... go have gay sex with Hillary ...". While that one did make me laugh, I've decided there are better uses of my time.
This is why you need to stay in cali.

The pit is like Voldemort the mere mention of it summons miscreants and negative energy.

From now on it's the place that shall not be named

This is why you need to stay in cali.
he is not from california

if you want to bash on the state, you should think first about the fact that there are more conservatives in california (and gun owners) than 11 "red" states combined. don't insult those of us that are holding the flag.

you think all the liberals that live here are californians? fuck no. they come from places like where you live, along with the fucked up drivers.

in fact, there are more fucktards here (15 million) from out of state than the total population of all but 3 states (texas, florida and new fucking york)

Last edited: