• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New from Florida

BorrowedTime

Private
Minuteman
May 24, 2023
Fleming Island, FL
Hello all,

I'm new to the Sniper's Hide forums although I've known about this resource for quite some time. I currently live near Jacksonville, FL although the preceding years have been spent out west in the desert. My firearms background stems from both LE and the U.S. Army. However, only recently have I thought about getting more involved in precision shooting. I know just enough to realize I know nothing about precision shooting. Always something to improve upon once you think you've got it figured out. Anyhow, I hope to utilize the Sniper's Hide forum as a resource for my own self-improvement, and hopefully at some point I can impart some support to others on down the road.

Thanks for reading my introduction. I hope everyone enjoys their weekend but please take time to remember the fallen this Memorial Day. Never forget.

Rakkasan!

Regards,
Joel

Welcome to Snipers Hide Joel. Lots of good long range shooting available here in Florida and quite a few guys here from the Jacksonville area.

I’m in Central Florida and shoot at Volusia and sometimes at JTAC ranch near Plant city.

Welcome to Snipers Hide Joel. Lots of good long range shooting available here in Florida and quite a few guys here from the Jacksonville area.

I’m in Central Florida and shoot at Volusia and sometimes at JTAC ranch near Plant city.
Sir,

Thanks for the welcome. I'm still relatively new to Florida so I haven't quite found a good spot for long distance shooting just yet. Definitely open to suggestions. Central Florida seems like a nice area. Drove through Ocala a while back and it reminded me of Kentucky (with less hills).

Regards,
Joel

Since you are in JAX, there is a great gun store there called Gun Gallery. After buying two Knights, three suppressors, optics and other toys, Mrs. Dutbun won't let me go there anymore. ;) But they have nice stuff and the people are great.

Since you are in JAX, there is a great gun store there called Gun Gallery. After buying two Knights, three suppressors, optics and other toys, Mrs. Dutbun won't let me go there anymore. ;) But they have nice stuff and the people are great.
Thank you for the welcome and for the recommendations. I’ll check out both. Definitely looking for a user friendly range nearby. And, I certainly know what you mean about the Mrs not allowing trips to places that kill the bank account. My other new hobby since moving to Florida is learning the ropes of nearshore and offshore fishing.

Reactions: DustBun and lash
So, I’ve been reading through some random posts here in the forums. Never knew there was such a hilarious competition between .260 REM and 6.5 CM. Love it.

That being said, my hunting rifle out in Arizona was a Tikka CTR in .260 REM.

This is a great forum. I wish I would’ve taken a greater interest in precision shooting years ago. Seems like a great community.

Regards,
Joel

Reactions: lash and DustBun