• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New From Kansas

Laughing_Jackal

Private
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2012
Kansas
I've been a member here for a little over a year, but have been reading on here off and on for several years. I've always been impressed with the amount of knowledge the members of this site share. Rather than just lurking around, I figure it's time to add a bit of experience myself.

A bit about me... I've been shooting most of my life, and currently live in Kansas. I started shooting heavily around 12 years old after I got a Ruger 10/22, then an SKS a few years later.. I learned the SKS was quite a big jump from a .22 and not so much a "precision" rifle. At 16, I traded off the SKS and got a Savage 110FP and began reloading on a single stage spartan press. Then a year later, I got an AR-15... And then off to the Army for a few years as an Infantryman.

I've been off active duty since 2007 and have done some 3 Gun and USPSA over the last 6 years off and on. Instead of spending money on toys, I started building a range and got into welding so I could build my own steel targets for the range as well. However, Late fall of 2011 is when I really caught the bug for this long range stuff. I had always been pretty interested in long range shooting, and in 2009 got a Remingon 700 LTR in 308 with a leupold MK4, but never really shot past 500 yards with it.

My buddy became a DTA Dealer and really sold me on the idea of the DTA, though I wasn't completely sold at first. So around September of 2012 I finally got a DTA in 300 winmag and a Thunderbeast 30P-1 can. As far as glass goes, I'm only running a Vortex 4-16 FFP Mil/Mil, but will hopefully get an S&B one of these days. I've only got access to about 950yds, but hope to get out further sometime as well if I can find the land for it. So far, it's been a heck of a learning and humbling experience.

Anyways, that's a very brief overview about some of my experience. I'm definitely looking forward to being a part of the community here.