• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New from NC

fatphatboy88

Private
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2013
Hey guys. I figured it was about time I joined here. I have been lurking for a while. This site is a wealth of knowledge and Im slowly expanding my collection of guns so I will need all the knowledge I can get. I am a tinkerer by nature and love modifying anything I own. I have a soft spot for 22lr's so thats probably the sub-forum where I'll spend most of my time, and probably the DIY section also.

I am also new in here I imagine some of you have seen a few of my post in some other areas. I am also in NC in the Caswell county area so if any of you are in the general area then just hit me up. I try to hunt as often as possible and like to shoot as much as I can afford. I am currently working on "well actually dreaming about working on" a Remington 700 in .308 and I am wanting to build my own version of a m40a3. I have looked at McMillian and B&C stocks but I am leaning more toward the Bobby Hart AccuBlock Long Range Target / Tactical with aluminum bedding block. Going to convert it to box mags as well. Cant decide what scope to go with I cant afford most of the ones I like, I like the Millet but the ones I can find that say are SFP and i would like to have FFP. I have looked at Zeiss, Sightron, vortex, and I found a Bushnell last night that I like alot because it goes down to 4.5 and up to 30 I would ultimately like a 4-26x50 FFP with target turrets w/ zero stop and enough adjustment to reach out past 1000 yrds with a .308 and all for under $1K so I am really looking at the bushnell BC I fount it for like 800 does anyone know the quality of it? I have a Barska 6-24X50 sitting on it right now but its not mine its a buddies scope he is letting me borrow untill I can get mine. any info or advice would be appreciated. Thanks Jasin

jasin, if you can find a used HDMR Bushnell you can probably get it for $1000 or less. Vortex optics are hard to beat for the money IMHO. Welcome and post pics of the rifle when you get it finished.

Pusher, Thanks the Bushnell Elite Tactical 4.5-30X50 is what I have been looking at. Can anyone vouch for the quality of these, there isnt a whole lot of places around that I can go look at one without buying it first. I have looked at a few of the vortex's I like them but I cant find all the info I want to know on some of them. Such as FFP, zero stop and so on. It will be quite a while before I get it done I am sure but once it is I will definitely post some pics.

Welcome to the Hide fellow NC'er, so where in NC are you?? you never know might be close enough to get together and shoot! later brother