• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New from Oregon

Aybear

Private
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2019
Hey Sniper's Hide, I'm new to the forum (obviously) from Oregon. I've been in the military for 9 years now and spent a year in a Sniper Section. I'm currently looking for a place to shoot long range down here in Southern Oregon to knock the rust off as I just moved here. I own a Remington M24-R and am looking to start a MK12 MOD0 project. I've been an occasional lurker on the site and decided it was time to become part of the team.

I'm in Oregon also. I drive over the mountain to COSSA to shoot long range. Just north of Grant's Pass, though, there is a gun club with a 600 yard range. Every time I went there they only let you shoot to 300 though. No idea why.

I'm in Oregon also. I drive over the mountain to COSSA to shoot long range. Just north of Grant's Pass, though, there is a gun club with a 600 yard range. Every time I went there they only let you shoot to 300 though. No idea why.

wake.joe, thanks for the input. COSSA is a bit far for me now, I'm in the Medford area. I've heard good things about the Jackson County Sports Park range, apparently RVSSA has a long range nearby but from what I've read it sounds painful to participate in.

Welcome, I'm also in Medford and shoot out at the sports park, the Main public range goes to 200yards but I think Wednesday evening @ 5pm every week, the 600yard range is open. Cost 5$ each time and we split into teams of two one guy shooting the other guy in the pits pulling the target for the shooter, then switch etc. The 600yard range is at the dragstrip. I'm usually at the 200 yard range couple times a week. I try to hit the 600yard a couple times a month.

See you out there sometime. I'll be the only guy you see shooting long range that isn't shooting a bench rest gun lol.
Most of the guys are older retired folk with their bench guns and crazy mechanical rests.

Reactions: Aybear
Welcome, I'm also in Medford and shoot out at the sports park, the Main public range goes to 200yards but I think Wednesday evening @ 5pm every week, the 600yard range is open. Cost 5$ each time and we split into teams of two one guy shooting the other guy in the pits pulling the target for the shooter, then switch etc. The 600yard range is at the dragstrip. I'm usually at the 200 yard range couple times a week. I try to hit the 600yard a couple times a month.

See you out there sometime. I'll be the only guy you see shooting long range that isn't shooting a bench rest gun lol.
Most of the guys are older retired folk with their bench guns and crazy mechanical rests.

Pilotscrappy, how's the sports park?

I'll be out of town for a training event for a few weeks but when I'm back I'll message you about going to the range sometime if you're up for it.

Reactions: Pilotscrappy
Pilotscrappy, how's the sports park?

I'll be out of town for a training event for a few weeks but when I'm back I'll message you about going to the range sometime if you're up for it.
Sports park is decent out there I think it's 5$ to shoot each time I just bought the year pass for 40$ to shoot as much as I want cuz I go alot.

I do recommend planning your range trips during the week if you can the weekends get pretty busy out there and you Def have to deal with retards who just bought an AR15 and love doing mag dumps all day long and being totally unsafe while doing it, but again that's mainly on Saturdays at the 100 yard ranges.

But yeah Def hit me up when your back and we'll plan a trip

I'm from Lakeview. There is a lot of BLM and FS land that is open for either short of long range set ups. If you REALLY like to be out where you think there is nobody, look north and east of Lakeview, out along Oreana (in the areas east of the Sunstone plots), or even along the Abert Rim. If the area is new to you, take a weekend or even a week, and explore the area.
Medford is kind of citified to look for unimproved areas, but I supose it can be done. Just way too crowded for me. There is a range in Lakeview that reaches 500 yds (but it is uphill), and if all else fails there is always Thunder Ranch, where Clint Smith holds forth on long range stuff. As always, if you go into the wilderness, be sure to walk the range out to your targets and make sure there are no people or cows in between.
Are you still active duty, or are you now in college or working?

I'm from Lakeview. There is a lot of BLM and FS land that is open for either short of long range set ups. If you REALLY like to be out where you think there is nobody, look north and east of Lakeview, out along Oreana (in the areas east of the Sunstone plots), or even along the Abert Rim. If the area is new to you, take a weekend or even a week, and explore the area.
Medford is kind of citified to look for unimproved areas, but I supose it can be done. Just way too crowded for me. There is a range in Lakeview that reaches 500 yds (but it is uphill), and if all else fails there is always Thunder Ranch, where Clint Smith holds forth on long range stuff. As always, if you go into the wilderness, be sure to walk the range out to your targets and make sure there are no people or cows in between.
Are you still active duty, or are you now in college or working?

I did a cursory search for BLM land near Medford a couple days ago and you’re right, I didn’t find much that’s local unfortunately. I’m on active duty in the National Guard. I’ve heard good things about Thunder Ranch, have you taken any courses with them?

I did a cursory search for BLM land near Medford a couple days ago and you’re right, I didn’t find much that’s local unfortunately. I’m on active duty in the National Guard. I’ve heard good things about Thunder Ranch, have you taken any courses with them?
I simply don't have the money for stuff like that, I don't fancy myself a sniper (I do support an active duty Sniper team, though), so no I have never taken a course out there. TR is a solid member of the local community, they train local LEO, and people from all over. Great staff. Ironically, I sold my home in Lakeview, and moved to the area of Texas where Clint relocated from. I love it down here, but always go back to Oregon for the summer.