• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New from Ruger: Gunsite Scout Rifle

Re: New from Ruger: Gunsite Scout Rifle

Ok guys... Here are the pics..

Super Sniper 10X
American Defense Mount (TURNED AROUND)
Black Hawk Cheek Pad
Black Hawk Sling (CHEAP and Temporary)

**** OHH and for those wondering... YES AICS MAGS DO FIT
smile.gif

If you have questions DONT hesitate to ask

Thanks,
Matt (LEO SOUTH GA.)

P1141399.jpg

P1141400.jpg

P1141401.jpg

P1141402.jpg

Matt, Any issues with bolt clearance? I would be running a NF 2.5-10 on this, so I would have a tad more. How is everything function and fit, etc? Now you have to get some range time tomorrow!

I would still like the rear rail/sight combo when they get it in and have the Larue 2 ring set. Looks great!

Ruger released this at a key time also--they have nearly a full year run on the market unless others release something prior to SHOT next year.

I would still like a decent synthetic stock with side flush cups on this.

Mark,

No bolt clearance issues at all and you will be fine with the NF mounted up.

STOCK: We are in the same boat... I would LOVE a new stock with some adjustableness... flushcups... etc...

These factory stocks ARE NOT free floated.... I have everything mounted up to see how it all looks and feels...

I will yank the action out tomorrow... and make sure the barrel is FREE FLOATED...

I will report on the range progress...but most likely WONT be till next week.

Matt.

Thanks Matt! Get to the range early before the sun melts the mud!

Will do... I got to go to the hard ware store tomorrow and get a dowel rod to sand the stock out some...

May be able to get to the range sunday.... or monday...

I will report on the range once she's sighted in.

Matt.

Matt:

Does the scope sit excessivly high and is the pad necessary?
Do you think the Larue mount would work as well?

My RGS should be in later this week. I am thinking I'll put a Trijicon 3-9x42mm Mil-dot Accupoint on it.

10x? kinda on the high end for a scout rifle?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mm128</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok guys... Here are the pics..

Super Sniper 10X
American Defense Mount (TURNED AROUND)
Black Hawk Cheek Pad
Black Hawk Sling (CHEAP and Temporary)

**** OHH and for those wondering... YES AICS MAGS DO FIT
smile.gif

If you have questions DONT hesitate to ask

Thanks,
Matt (LEO SOUTH GA.)

</div></div>
Do you have an update? I am wondering if can do this same set up for my Ruger mini 14? How does it shoot?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Para38super</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How is the accuracy of these compare to a Remington 700? </div></div>

Which model? There are about a dozen to choose from...

There are no apple to apple comparisons available from the Remington line, stock versions. The closest you might have to compare apple to apple (I believe) are the steyr and the savage scout models - and they both have longer barrels, and if I remember correctly, both are about 20".

I am definitely looking forward to a range report ... I'm not expecting MOA for a utilitarian rifle like this, but holding to 1.5 MOA consistently with hunting ammo would be just this side of awesome.

Just scored one myself on Friday.

- Trigger rocks
- Accepts AICS mags - sweet!!!
- New bedding system makes a lot of sense (forward action screw pulls action down AND back; achieves full contact between rear of recoil lug and stock)
- laminate stock seems extremely rigid
- recoil pad is exceptional (both cushions and grips well)

The downside was that I just spent 7 hours floating the barrel (using sandpaper and elbow grease). The barrel channel was incredibly cramped out of the box; the action was only contacting the stock at its rearmost point (the rest was all barrel to barrel-channel contact).

Now I'm looking forward to trying her out...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spotter Up</div><div class="ubbcode-body">- New bedding system makes a lot of sense (forward action screw pulls action down AND back; achieves full contact between rear of recoil lug and stock)
</div></div>

They still have the angled front action screw and recoil lug? I always saw that as more of a con than a pro. Makes glass bedding more cumbersome.

According to a pic I saw on another site, they have the angled front action screw, but with some changes from the regular 77`s as to supplement the DBMs.

XS sights is now selling the full rail with back up rear sight, $90 + shipping. I just gor off the phone, it is not listed on the website so phone is the only way to get one for now.