• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

New from Virginia

jtclarke

Minuteman
Mar 27, 2013
Virginia
Hey all. I've been a long time lurker on the forums soaking up the wealth of information everyone has to offer on here and figured it was about time that I join up and try to get more involved. I've been shooting now for about 15 or so years since my dad started me out on an old Marlin .22. Since I got out of the Marines (0844) I've been trying to get into long range precision, which is a relatively new endeavor for me. Well, anyway, I look forward to getting more involved and learning as much as I can.

Travis

Thanks. I'm in Disputanta, about 30 minutes from Carolina and an hour south of Richmond. Glad to see someone else from VA on here.

Thank you, and thanks for letting me know about the group. It's not too many people in my immediate area that I've found that wants to shoot long range.

Thanks. I'm glad to know there are guys nearby that enjoy shooting. So I have to ask, where do ya'll normally shoot? Best I have to shoot around here is my buddies farm out to 600 yards and that's few and far between.

Thanks. I'm glad to know there are guys nearby that enjoy shooting. So I have to ask, where do ya'll normally shoot? Best I have to shoot around here is my buddies farm out to 600 yards and that's few and far between.

I've got only 200 yards at my house, and no place better. I've been working on a couple of farmers, one with nearly 900 yards, the other with approximately 600, but neither has cracked just yet. Been back and forth with a guy that has a 400 acre farm, which happens to have three separate tenants. Two have agreed to allow me access, while the third has thus far been unresponsive.

I feel your pain, I can get 200 at the house. I used to shoot at my family's farm but it got rented out, so that went to the way side. It seems that regardless of how well you carry yourself in today's day and age just bringing up shooting tends to make people nervous. I'm hoping this summer I'll be able to take a trip up to WV and check out Peacemaker, that is after I get my rifle finished, still need to rebarrel it.

Yeah, I've done everything but re-barrel mine too. Well, at least as soon as I receive the XLR that's due any day now.

My neighbor has a huge clear cut behind my house, where I could probably reach 7-800 yards, but we kind of had a little spat a few years ago when a buddy shot at a deer in his field :(. I've contemplated asking him for permission to set up a target back there to shoot at, but haven't really had the nerve to do so.

Yah, that can tend to irritate some people, it still might be worth talking to him though, the worst he could possibly say is no. Maybe offer a little cash for the ability to shoot, that might sway his opinion. Either way I hope it works out for you, seems like there's just so few places to shoot any range around here.

Welcome to the Hide, JT. You need to check out Butner Range about an hour from where you are. It's off Highway 85 near Creedmore, N.C. Pull up North State Shooting club on the net and get directions. they are shooting a 1000yd. match next weekend on June 1&2