• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NEW from XLR Industries **ELEMENT CHASSIS**

XLR

boss man
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Available to order April 1st!

We are excited to announce the release of our new Element chassis. For quite some time we have received requests to build an open top chassis. Here is the result. This light weight yet affordable chassis is machined from solid 6061 T6 aluminum. The receiver block and forend is one piece allowing utmost strength and simplicity. The Element can be purchase as a complete chassis or chassis only allowing the user to add the AR15 grip or M4 style butt stock of their choice. The forend is pre-drilled to accept accessory rails on the sides or bottom of the chassis. Cooling vents provide uniform cooling for the barrel during long strings of fire. A multi-point radial cut inlet allows the receiver to sit in the chassis stress free for utmost accuracy (no V-block). The integrated detachable magazine system allows the use of AICS style detachable magazines. The chassis features an extended and beveled magazine well for faster mag changes. The chassis is available in a raw tumbled finish or with a hard anodized matte black.
Available to order for the Remington 700 SA or Remington 700 SA clones. We will have the Remington 700 LA available by May of 2014. Savage short actions and Tikka T3 will follow around the 3rd quarter of 2014.

First shipments are expected mid-April.

Weight W/O butt stock and grip is 1 lbs. 13 ounces. Cost $435.00
Weight complete with Tactical Lite butt stock: 3 lbs. 10 ounces. Cost $595

Last edited:
Man these are awesome!

Kyle gave a couple of these away at the JC Steel Target Challenge and the shooters loved them!

Oh DAMN!!!!!!!!!!

Kyle, y'all have outdone yourselves with that one. I can already see pulling one of my Remmys out of it's bedded Manners and slapping it into one of these. Or, knowing me, coming up with some whole new build just to use one of these.

Most of the chassis systems guys come up with look ugly as sin to me. But your XLR (which I happily also own) and this one are just the TITS.

Mad respect on another amazing product.

Available to order for the Remington 700 SA or Remington 700 SA clones. We will have the Remington 700 LA available by May of 2013.

Do you mean May 2014? Or are these already available?

And yea, I will definitely be throwing my 243 build into one of these!

I was so busy fapping to this thing I forgot to ask if there's a folder version like the XLR?

element033_zpsbb414b9d.jpg

How long is the barrel in this photo?

Looks awesome. Was just thinking about another evolution for my son's build this might be even better. I would also be curious the weight difference between the existing chassis's

We have a NV mount in development that will mount to the front of the forend. Expect around 3rd quarter of 2014.

-Kyle ~ XLR

Thanks for the reply! I think this would work really well for my shorty build! Just need to sell my current stock!

Ben

Two questions:

1. Will there be a left-handed version and if so, when?

2. Will it only accept the carbine tube or can you install a fixed stock tube so you can run a Magpul PRS?

Thanks,

Tacos

So if you compare the chassis with the same options then this chassis is 4 ounces heavier than the Carbon but 3 ounces lighter than the Evolution.

-Kyle ~ XLR

What do these weigh compared to the XLR and the carbon fiber XLR

Looks awesome. Was just thinking about another evolution for my son's build this might be even better. I would also be curious the weight difference between the existing chassis's

We will probably offer this for the bottom bolt release but no guarantee's yet. We are trying to make these a more affordable option and the trigger guard bolt release adds a considerable about of machine time to integrate the release mechanism. If we offer it there may be an extra charge. The AICS 223 magazines are not an issue.

-Kyle ~ XLR

Kyle,

Will the Savage SA be ready to go for bottom bolt release? And accept AI 223 mags?

Sent from my IPhone 5S.

Yes, we will offer left hand configurations.

The PRS has a molded in anti-rotation dowel that drops into the grip area on our chassis. Because of this, it is required that the PRS be milled flat so it no longer interferes with your hand at the grip. It must also be pinned to the buffer tube to prevent rotation. LOP will also start out quite long at 14" and there is not much of a recoil pad if you are using this with larger caliber cartridges. In short no, we will not offer this with the PRS. If you want to make it work than yes, technically it can be used.

-Kyle ~ XLR

Two questions:

1. Will there be a left-handed version and if so, when?

2. Will it only accept the carbine tube or can you install a fixed stock tube so you can run a Magpul PRS?

Thanks,

Tacos

Very very nice, looks like I may have to save my pennies for one to go along with the XLR Carbon I own.

We will probably offer this for the bottom bolt release but no guarantee's yet. We are trying to make these a more affordable option and the trigger guard bolt release adds a considerable about of machine time to integrate the release mechanism. If we offer it there may be an extra charge. The AICS 223 magazines are not an issue.

-Kyle ~ XLR

Id be willing to play for the bottom bolt release as an option. It sucks Savage cannot leave things alone. Not many manufactures are incorporating bottom bolt release into their products.

Sent from my IPhone 5S.

Kyle,
Would the regular tactical butt stock be the same price? And is there a longer fore end available for longer barrels? I have been going nuts the last month or so trying to decide on a stock and I think I just found the perfect one for me!
Thanks, Mark

Hello Mark,

The Element with our original Tactical butt stock would be $635.00. We are trying to keep things simple with this chassis so we do not have plans for a longer forend. If we get enough requests we may consider it. The 10" extension is the same as most fiberglass tactical stocks on the market.

-Kyle ~ XLR

Kyle,
Would the regular tactical butt stock be the same price? And is there a longer fore end available for longer barrels? I have been going nuts the last month or so trying to decide on a stock and I think I just found the perfect one for me!
Thanks, Mark

Does the Tactical Lite butt stock supports recoil pad height and/or cant adjustment? Man I was almost convinced about getting and LSS; now this new option coems and screws my head again.

Oh wow. I may come looking for this when I build my next rifle.

Brought out a little more detail in your pic,hope you don't mind.
That's a great looking chassis !
element033_zpsbb414b9d12-1.jpg

How would you attach a flush cup to the front of the stock? I can't tell from the pics if that's already built in or not.

Does anyone know if only the picatinni rails made by XLR can be put on this chassis or are picatinni rail holes generally the same spacing for the holes? XLR only offers 5.5" and 11" or 2" and 4" for the element rails which may look weird since the foreend is 10" and, if put on the bottom, could interfere with a bipod.

That is sweet. And no 14 foot tall scope rings for the guys that run big objective lens scopes. Great, there goes my tax return!

Unfortunately there is no industry standard for accessory rails so the spacing is specific. The 2" rail can be used on the bottom only of the element for bipod use. The 4" rails can be used on the sides or bottom.

-Kyle ~ XLR

Does anyone know if only the picatinni rails made by XLR can be put on this chassis or are picatinni rail holes generally the same spacing for the holes? XLR only offers 5.5" and 11" or 2" and 4" for the element rails which may look weird since the foreend is 10" and, if put on the bottom, could interfere with a bipod.