• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Fulton Armory Match Service rifle .22 rimfire

Kaisersose

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 9, 2003
Knoxville, TN
Pics of the New toy with questions.

So I am trying to get this thing sighted in.

Gun has a Stainless Krieger barrel

Trying to figure out what magazines it works with.

The one shown is a 10 round unit. Was not sure if the Black dog magazines would work.

1280076336.jpg

1280076311.jpg

Best 5 and 11 shot groups with Bulk Remington Golden Bullet

1280077113.jpg

1280077146.jpg

Still trying to get sights zeroed

Re: New Fulton Armory Match Service rifle .22 rimfire

You're pretty much screwed. This is a Colt/DPMS magazine.
Black Dog has talked about making a mag for this, but due to the ejector being integral with the left lip, Kevin can't just mold one.
If the bolt comes out easily, and is captive as on the DPMS dedicated setup, it's easy to convert to an Atchisson type bolt (Ciener, Spike's Tactical, CMMG, Model 1 Sales, Armalite, etc).
These all use the most common .22 mags from Ciener, BDM, and CMMG.
I need to see the bolt out of the gun, and a shot of the breech, inside the receiver.
If the front of the BCG has a collar that fits over a reduced diameter section of barrel, the Atchissons go on with a CMMG "collar" from CMMG's first generation of dedicated bolts(I haven't seen the newer, just released ones).

If the twin rails of the bolt are actually screwed into the barrel, It will take an actual gunsmith to fix it. This involves turning the breech to about .500" to accomodate the collar of anybody's dedicated bolt EXCEPT CMMGs. The DPMS dedicated barrel breech diameter is about .460", as is the Gen I CMMG, All the others are .500".

You'll have to re-cut the extractor notch in the barrel, but this is easily accomplished through the port with a small file (a 4" or 6" mill bastard's just right).

How does it shoot with CCI Standards or real target ammo like Wolf or SK?

Only other ammo I shot it with was CCI Blazer which shot better.

I have some Wolf match but have not tried it yet.

I will get pics of bolt

Ceiner used to make a steel 30 round mag (w/ejector built in) for the Colt kits, I don't know if it's still available.

You could easily braze an ejector on one of the steel 30 round Ceiner mags.

I think I had to do some minor mods to the bottom of my Colt kit to make the Ceiner steel mags work, also.

I'm going from memory, as this was over 20 years ago.

Best bet is just to be happy with the 10 round mags, if you can.

Does Fulton armory still make the 22 upper? I searched all over their website and couldn't find them.

Sorry for the long delay. I sold me lower and have just had the upper in the closet.

Here is a closeup of the bolt and the back of the barrel

DSC02159.jpg

DSC02160.jpg