• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Photos New GAP 7MM Rem Mag

Re: New GAP 7MM Rem Mag

Nice! I'm still thinking .284 Win myself. What's the Barrel and contour?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Barrel and contour? </div></div>

26" Bartlein GAP contour fluted.

With the GAP contour barrel, scope, and stock, the gun is stout. Plus the QD brake and suppressor take out all the recoil. Similar to shooting a 308.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ohiogunnut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">With the GAP contour barrel, scope, and stock, the gun is stout. Plus the QD brake and suppressor take out all the recoil. Similar to shooting a 308.</div></div>

NICE. Amazing setup to be able to get 7 mag performance with the recoil of a .308.

what rear patch mount is that and where can I buy one?

It's the base for a Red Tac Gear ammo management system (takes 8 round velcro cards). Bauer Arms carries them.

Hey Ohiogunnut, how did you mount that Tango Down bipod on that AICS stock? I got the bipod and love it, but it doesn't fit on my AI.

I've been trying to figure out how to do that.

Nice rifle. Have you had a chance to shoot it yet? My 7mag is there now. Now i'm jealous.

Cool. Thanks for the link.

Did you have the modify the tri-rail bipod adapter at all, or did it just fit in there? Does it wobble much?

I drilled and tapped the end of the spigot for a tension screw and added the two washers and to the other end a piece of pliable plastic (malice clip) which I cut to fit between the aluminum portion of the stock and the rail. The spigot was held in place by a single cross bolt which I removed. Locks up solid with no movement.

Man that is one of the nicest rifles I have ever seen! Like the tango down bipod set up too.

awesome camo paint!!
wink.gif

Hell of a rifle. I'd love to know what the total damage (cost) on the build was if you don't mind me asking. First time I've been inspired by some pictures of a custom rifle in awhile! I'll have to sell one of my TRG 42's and take this route - I love the 7mm Rem Mag. Thanks for showing this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Handloader</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Offer is still up....$175.00
</div></div>

Yeah right.
smile.gif

As far as cost... I'm not sure as I picked up the original gun in trade and ended up having to get a new bolt. Below are the specs though if you want to price it out on the GAP website.

Remington long action - trued
26" Bartlein GAP contour - fluted
Accuracy International 1.5 Stock
Badger Ordnance recoil lug
Badger Ordnance 20MOA Base
Badger Ordnance Max50 30mm rings
Badger Ordnance Tactical Bolt Knob
Badger Ordnance M16 style Magnum extractor and fluted bolt
Jewell Trigger
Accushot monopod
Vltor bipod
Redtac Gear ammo management system
Sniper tools ACI
USO bubble level
Nightforce 5-22x50 zero stop (MOA/MOA)
Suppressed Armament Systems suppressor
TAB gear suppressor cover
TIS sling
Paint by 30calsniper!

Ohio,

I see you are using the 30 cal SAS on your 7mm. I just got a Steyr 7mm rem mag and was thinking of using the SAS .338 Vengeance Ti suppressor so I could use it on a .338 SSG 08 later on. Will the .338 suppressor work on the 7mm rem mag?

Great looking digital camo job. I'll have to pay 30CalSniper for that work in desert digital!

Driver

Thank you. 7mm is 0.284, so a 0.308 cal can works as long as it is magnum rated (which a 0.338 would certainly be). May not be as efficient, but could make up for that due to the larger size. Above pics are out of date as I made a couple changes.

url]

url]

url]

Did they cut the barrel to a SAAMI chamber or throat it longer for the 175/180's?

You have me on that one. When we were discussing the build I asked Moon to design it around the 180 VLD. I'm currently at work, but the load data I have with me shows a 3.3375 OAL being optimal (just touching the lands) with a velocity of 3043. I can verify if requested when I get home tonight.

Wow, just realized we are back on my pics from when the gun was first received. Check for the for sale ad for updated pics and specs.

i like the Tango Down on it better than Sinclair...But beautiful rifle anyhow...would def buy this setup if i would have enough $$$

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ohiogunnut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When we were discussing the build I asked Moon to design it around the 180 VLD.</div></div>

Thank you, I am looking for someone who has a reamer optimized for the 175SMK's/180VLD's and you just answered the question. Now I wonder if they will cut barrels for Savages?