• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New GAP Rifle: Gladius!

Re: New GAP Rifle: Gladius!

That is due to the overwhelming requests for people to copy my Gladius build so George is including it as a standard GAP build now based off my specs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is due to the overwhelming requests for people to copy my Gladius build so George is including it as a standard GAP build now based off my specs. </div></div>

Mind giving us a few of the build notes on it?

I'm also very curious to hear what the weight comes in at.

Thanks Lowlight!

Good price too. $0.00. Might be the first GAP I can afford - if I save up for awhile.
wink.gif

I try to avoid that site...THAT EVIL:RIFLES available for IMMEDIATE SHIPPING. So hard...can't stop...must not buy.

That is one sweet fucking stick.NICE design Frank.

It's just my 18.5" 308. Same one in the Youtube videos

it was built off an 700 action, but we added the side bolt release, badger bottom metal, Manners T2A stock with the multicam paint. 18.5" GAP Contour Barrel <span style="font-style: italic">(Remington 5.5 varmint or close too)</span> Bartlien tight bore .298 and Surefire Brake for my 762SS suppressor.

Guessing that is a dip as opposed to Todd doing the paint.

If you look at the photos it has the Multicam logo in it. Just guessing Todd is not painting the word Multican on his stuff.

Its definatly dipped. I have been using Dynamic Finishes here in KC, they do great work.

Todd does great work but we wanted a consistant color and pattern for this rifle. + Todd is BUSY enough as it is.

So all of them are going to be Multicam dipped? No other color options?

The Gladius is such a great concept gun: a handy gun that can still bang steel at 1k. No wonder it's so popular. Me likey.

Handy/dandy,remains the toughest of acts to follow.

Skookum.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So all of them are going to be Multicam dipped? No other color options?
</div></div>

you can always order a custom color just will take a tad longer. we will only have Multicam in stock

Why not the Templar action George? Just to keep it just like Frank's specs?

I presume that the same threads would accept a surefire suppressor as opposed to the brake?

Is that sucker loctited on?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: neoinarien</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I presume that the same threads would accept a surefire suppressor as opposed to the brake?

Is that sucker loctited on? </div></div>

The SureFire suppressor only mounts to our adaptors. So if you wanted to run a surefire can you would have to use one of our brakes, flash hiders or compensators that the suppressor locks onto.

Chuck

I'm also curious what the weight on this is.

Also, how wide is the forearm on the stock? Looks like this would be a perfect walkabout rifle with a slimmer forearm like the HTG or A3 on the McMillans.

I wonder if they will build this on my Surgeon RSR action that should be here next week?

I really like it.

dmtsc

they build them on the remington action to replicate Franks rifle.
You can request a Crusader action as an upgrade!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: InTheHills</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What does she weigh built to these specs?

GM </div></div>

+2. What's she weigh in at?

LL or someone in the know:
Benefit of going with the T2A instead of the T4A? Was it the .3 lb or so weight saving? Or a personal preference not to use a butt-hook style stock in favor of one that arguably rides a rear bag better?

hmmm... T5A + Surgeon + Rock ... not exactly the same, but I definitely see more direction for my build...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bottomgun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hmmm... T5A + Surgeon + Rock ... not exactly the same, but I definitely see more direction for my build... </div></div>

Sounds like a great build, but why bother posting that here? That is nothing like the Gladius, and the whole point of this thing is that it is a proven design that hinges around the selected components.

The reason I went with the T2A is I like that better. I was not as big a fan of the T4, though if the T5 was available I would probably went with that, as I like that stock from Tom a lot.

Prior, the T2A was my favorite and I didn't see the need for anything like a butt hook on this rifle.