• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Gap10...problem

This rifle came back because the dept used 155 Hornady TAP. It's a light load. And the rifle had to be tuned to it. It ran other ammo fine.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not Socomxxx, but thanks for clarifying that, George.
Again, looking forward to receiving my GAP-10.

Just curious, what lube do you use?

CLP usually, but any good lube will do. If breaking in with a suppressor, it'll get really dirty really fast.

As I was told on AR10 breakin (and found to be true of mine): if you think you have too much, you almost have enough.
**All that said, if you have a super-tight chamber or no gas flow, lube won't solve your problem. If it I just break-in issues, lube will cure what ailes ya.

I have a GAP-10 on order as well. I also have a precision AR-15 I built. It is a one hole gun but the chamber I had Schillen cut is tight with reloads. We determined my problem had to do with bullet crimp. When I switched from the Dillon crimp to the Lee Crimp problems solved.

CLP usually, but any good lube will do. If breaking in with a suppressor, it'll get really dirty really fast.

As I was told on AR10 breakin (and found to be true of mine): if you think you have too much, you almost have enough.
**All that said, if you have a super-tight chamber or no gas flow, lube won't solve your problem. If it I just break-in issues, lube will cure what ailes ya.

Okay, thanks!

George, what lube you recommend for running this puppy in? Recall you mentioning something about "slick" or gun slick?

Frog Lube is good stuff. Just get your parts, heat them up with a hair dryer and then apply then frog lube. It sticks to the metal for a LONG time when you apply it with heat.
It also makes clean up very fast. I have used Frog Lube for years now in my AR platforms, very happy with it. Plus it leave your firearms smelly minty fresh! :D

I had a "problem", with my GAP-10. It's an early model, I picked up here, gently used. I broke speed limits, getting to the range. Had some surplus and hand loads, and started shooting. Failure to feed , to eject, stuck cases. First thought was I bought a lemon. Stupid. Checked my hand loads. Necked sized batch, for my bolt gun. Surplus shot OK, in the gun, but not on paper. Put her aside, for a long time (life got in the way). Finally got some time, and some Rl-15, And made up the loads the previous owner had kindly suggested, and OF COURSE, little groups, no problems, lesson remembered: Don't put cheap gas in a Ferarri.

If by minty fresh you mean like an old man leaving the athletic club, then yes I agree minty fresh... Love FL, works wonderfully and the smell is way better than any other lube I've used.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Dr. Tranny's Assemblee Goo, $8.95 1lb tub smells minty fresh.

Some guys are inexperienced and apparently would rather post on here than call me or the shop. I can normally walk them through the problems they are having.

I would think that would be a good thing for your company in most cases... If you have a good product (which I’m sure it is) more than likely most of these problems if minor could be trouble shot by experienced people here rather than tying up your customer service and also gives you and your company an instant resource of experiences and opinions of your product by customers to help you make improvements if need be.

If only positive experiences were posted on forums and all problems were taken straight to the company and not talked about on forums like these than I would think that would dramatically hurt your sales as every DPMS, Savage, and Remington would be a 1/2" shooter and would be completely reliable according to all resources. In the mind of the new shooter and even some experienced shooters there would be no reason to pay 3,000-10,000 for a custom rifle because all they would read is good reviews on 500-2000 dollar rifles.

The fact that you and other companies come on these forums and answer questions for the masses and not just for individuals on the phone helps us the consumer become more confident in these companies and compels us to buy your products. Just an opinion

Last edited:
George and his shop have put together two gas guns for me. I've put a ton of rounds through them both, suppressed, unsuppressed extremely dirty to sparkling clean and have never had a single malfunction. Both of them are just as accurate as my bolt guns from prone. Unfortunately I still run a bolt gun better from awkward barricades so that's what I shoot at competitions. Looking forward to running a Gas gun at the K & M training facility this fall for the PTS gas gun match.

New Gap10...problem

[Some guys are inexperienced and apparently would rather post on here than call me or the shop. I can normally walk them through the problems they are having.

Guys please call me if you have an issue, I guarantee I will get it taken care of.

George[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Another suggestion for AR-10 break-in: lube the bejesus out of the BCG. I've never owned a GAP-10, but have owned/run enough AR10s to know they need excessive lube during break-in, and not enough lube often manifests itself as a short-stroke, extract/eject issue.

Lube. Lube. LUBE!

THIS is spot on and echoes my experience.....

I want to post a follow up regarding my OP. I sent my Gap10 back to George who received it on Monday. I had my rifle back by Thursday. Had a chance to get 10 rounds suppressed and 10 unsuppressed. Perfect cycling. Thanks George.

Listen guys for those of you who have never dealt with GA Precision, Do Not Worry. George who is well known in the AR arena and has built his company just like John Paul @ JP Enterprise, they make sure their customer is HAPPY. I have a good friend who has a Gap-10 and if he had any question or problem all he had to do was call GA Precision and one of their Reps walked him through until they fixed or @ least figured out the problem and if needed he would send in the rifle and George's people took care of it with no problem. GA Precision has a very good customer care program, not to mention a bad ass rifle.

I want to post a follow up regarding my OP. I sent my Gap10 back to George who received it on Monday. I had my rifle back by Thursday. Had a chance to get 10 rounds suppressed and 10 unsuppressed. Perfect cycling. Thanks George.

So what was problem?