• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

New Giraud annealing machine

Re: New Giraud annealing machine

Interesting new take on annealing machine and case feeder designs. I was leaning towards a Bench Source machine, but I may have to give this one some thought instead. I'm not too excited about the caliber specific wheels, but at least they are cheaper than Ken Light's. I love my Giraud trimmer so I'm sure I wouldn't be disappointed in this machine.

Looks nice, the annealed portion of the brass in the pics does not seem to go down enough but I am sure it can be adjusted. May have to get this instead of the bench source machine.

The Giraud trimmer was the best thing I ever bought ....... hmmmmmmmm I might have to order this bad boy too.

BLKLABS -

Come down to Sugar Land and we'll buy them together. Doug is a super guy.

JP

According to the instruction manual you shouldn't anneal loaded ammo.....hmmmm.....it's sad they had to put that part in there
crazy.gif

I wonder how many that feeder will hold, looks like a lot.

Neato.

I was considering ordering a Bench-Source machine next month but the Giraud looks great for the built-in amazingly simple gravity feeder... just stack the brass and let it do its thing. Doug builds great stuff, I have one of his trimmers.

If Doug's annealer is anything like his case trimming machine, the pain of the initial expenditure disappears after you use it the first time.

Screw it, I gave into peer pressure and emailed Doug to order one. All the cool kids were doing it.

Just so you guys know. I emailed them about the introductory price of 395. He said that was for the first 25 units at camp perry. Emailed him back to see what price would go to or if I could order one before there gone at that price. Have not received a return yet.

Wonder how much the body of the machine heats up having that torch directed at it? I to drank the Giraud trimmer coolaid and totally trust Doug to make the best whatever he designs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrb572</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just so you guys know. I emailed them about the introductory price of 395. He said that was for the first 25 units at camp perry. Emailed him back to see what price would go to or if I could order one before there gone at that price. Have not received a return yet. </div></div>

I did same and waiting. He's at Perry so may be a while.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">my only concern would be it looks BIG......</div></div>

I agree, I wonder if he'd make a smaller hopper section, it looks like that thing will hold 1,000 piece of brass!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">my only concern would be it looks BIG......</div></div>

I agree, I wonder if he'd make a smaller hopper section, it looks like that thing will hold 1,000 piece of brass! </div></div>

At least I'm not the only one.

I wonder exactly how finicky the case loading is. I can see myself getting the thing and then constantly fiddling with it cause a case is jamming or something.

Last time I was over at Doug's I played with one of these a bit, and it is not as big as it looks in the pics, and it worked like a champ...

I watching the video it looks like it should not jam. It just looks like it would have a LARGE footprint. Also would like to confirm that it rotates the brass.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also would like to confirm that it rotates the brass. </div></div>

It's hard to tell by watching the video, but if you read the instruction manual at his website it describes how the sliding bar rotates the brass, and how to make sure it's adjusted properly to do so.

His trimmer is the most expensive on the market also but worth every penny. I'd be in for a group buy.

Damnit. I was planning to order another trimmer....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">According to the instruction manual you shouldn't anneal loaded ammo... </div></div>
Well that just spoils all the fun!
laugh.gif

The Giraud trimmer is such an outstanding piece of equipment that I might just start annealling brass just to own one of these!

FYI to all interested:

Doug just emailed me back. For those interested in ordering his wife is at home taking orders while he is off at Camp Perry, call between 9am-5pm CST M-F.
smile.gif

That is the most intriguing design I've seen so far. I'm liking that much better than the 'circular' ones, in general.

Group buy interest, for sure. Definitely going to follow this up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kiba</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FYI to all interested:

Doug just emailed me back. For those interested in ordering his wife is at home taking orders while he is off at Camp Perry, call between 9am-5pm CST M-F.
smile.gif
</div></div>

Did he say what the price would be if we ordered now?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kiba</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FYI to all interested:

smile.gif
</div></div>

Did he say what the price would be if we ordered now? </div></div>

No, he just left a brief email to call his wife. I'll verify the price on Monday morning when I call his wife to place the order.

I like the looks of this machine. If a group buy happens I'm in.

Funny to see this thread pop up.

I was ordering my trimmer last week and was talking to Doug's wife. I mentioned the new page on the website showing the annealer which she didn't realize had gone live. She had actually just walked back in from picking up parts for the annealers from the plater - nice timing!

After talking to her a bit about the annealer I decided to put one on order with her along with the caliber feed wheels I'll need - figured in for a penny in for a pound with the trimmer so I might as well try the annealer while I'm at it.

I did get a couple of emails going back & forth with Doug re. the propane tanks since the manual indicated that it uses the little 1 pound bottles. I was asking if it would be possible to set it up to use a 20# tank since I was concerned about the small tank. Per Doug - not worth it due to the very low fuel burn rate. He has run 1000s of cases on the same 1# bottle and says basically the flame runs at basically the level of a slow leak.

Not sure as to ETA on the annealer but my trimmer is 2-3 weeks out it sounded like so that's cool. I'll post pics and a review of it once it gets here if anyone would be interested.

I talked to his wife and doug and bought one instead of the BC 1000. you guys saying that you are in if there is a group buy need to realize this is a introductory price, another fancy way of saying it is already discounted so don't expect a group buy any lower than the discounted price you can order it at today.

This guys if freakin great. This is forst machine I have seen that made sense.

I have used his trimmer and it makes you just throw away all your other trimmers.

My wife is supposed to get me one of his trimmers for my B Day but now looks like i have a Xmas gift picked out as well

Some more details,

Looking at threads when one is tired and not firing on all cylinders is not the best thing to do. I've learned that. This being said, I'll repeat that this is the 'most logical' method of annealing that I've seen so far. It just 'works' in my opinion. Doug definitely has a winner, it seems to me.

Secondly, it has been repeated a few times now, that this is the 'introductory' price, and if there were to be any "group buy's" then the most probably would be at "this price" at best.

Lastly, you Ameriyank's better relish in your freedom and security, because you don't know how good you've got it. Keep up what you're doing, protect yourselves, and secure your interests. Whatever they may be.

I'm ordering one tomorrow.....I've been waiting for something like this. I was hoping jmorris would make one of his and sell them but I think he just does his own stuff.

Just got back from Camp Perry. I picked up one of Doug's annealing machines while I was there. Had a chance today to use it and all I can say is Doug hit another home run. I love the hopper/feeder it allows you to do other things, while staying in sight of the machine. Easy to adjust and run.

Paid $395.00 and Doug covered the Ohio sales tax. Don't know if this will really help