• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors New glock at the right price

ZLBubba

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 15, 2009
Maryland
I've been looking for a Glock 23 for a while now but the local gun store had them for $650 (gen4). Not a great deal. But while I was at a show last week and found a gen3 with the RTF for $450 and jumped on it. I put in the after market trigger and Hi Viz front sight on it. So far it's been a great addition. I plan on adding the extended mag release and slide release. On down the road I'll be getting the Storm Lake threaded drop in 9mm barrel for convenience sake.

Here are a few pics:

2n6f6v8.jpg

34he7ua.jpg

Re: New glock at the right price

I'd recommend the Vickers Tactical Mag release because it's in between both styles. The factory glock extended mag release tends to "bite" into the shooters hand when shooting full duty .40 S&W loads.

Nice Glock! I thought the Hi-liter said Hitler for a second, did a double take.

not bad at all. how does it shoot?

Excellent so far. It's been gobbling through my handloads just fine. I haven't been a huge Glock guy in the past but the quality that you get at Glock's price point is pretty hard to beat, especially in a model that can use different caliber barrels. I plan to run it in a few upcoming IDPA matches and see how it goes. I imagine I won't be disappointed.

I would recommend against installing a conversion barrel. .40 and 9mm are not really close enough to be doing that.

Ideally the extractor and ejector would have to be changed. By the time you do that, you might as well just have another gun.

A Glock 23 really wouldn't be competitive in IDPA either, unless you download the ammo quite a bit for the 125 power factor. You will have to re-spring the gun for function with ammo that weak.

It seems that what you really wanted was a 9mm and you bought a .40.

Wrong. Im not going for master class here. This pistol is for home defense, and a little idpa use. If I had wanted a race gun, I would have bought one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: acespeedy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd recommend the Vickers Tactical Mag release because it's in between both styles. The factory glock extended mag release tends to "bite" into the shooters hand when shooting full duty .40 S&W loads. </div></div>

Not to mention the factory extended mag release will release the mag if you place the pistol on it's side. the vickers won't

WOW .... 450 for a used Glock?

Man I feel bad for getting brand new ones for 479 plus tax.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WOW .... 450 for a used Glock?

Man I feel bad for getting brand new ones for 479 plus tax. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZLBubba</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It was brand new. </div></div>

LOL, gotta love when a hater gets owned.
grin.gif