• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New grey background

uffduh

Private
Minuteman
  • Oct 1, 2017
    Apologies if there is a thread already, didn’t find one in the search. What happened to the black background. I can’t read the new one. Anyway to change settings?

I like the brown better great option

Apologies if there is a thread already, didn’t find one in the search. What happened to the black background. I can’t read the new one. Anyway to change settings?
    Thanks very much.

what’s funny is , the ‘story’ part of mine, I’ll call it is a darker grey background while the banners are the old black...eg better but not like it was. Maybe @Dippy can ask the complaints department. I’m not ready to risk bitching to HMFIC about the updates after yesterday’s happenings.

I’ve probably already said too much, a black van just pulled up in front house.

• Haha
    Reactions: Dpp
    I like new one better. Thanks for choice to make everyone happy!

Scroll all the way to the bottom. It should say something like Snipers Hide dark 2020. Click that and you should have options. The ones with 2020 in the title are staying so pick one of those.
    Ahhh. I was getting a sunburn with the bright white background. Thanks for the assist.

Thank you to all of you computer understanding people. You have made this thread where even I can understand some things.

i do not understand many of the abbreviations used, but I am understanding some. Urban dictionary is my friend.

Many of those 3 letter or 4 letter word abbreviations make no sense to me at all as they do not relate to carnal knowledge, damning, questioning parenting or calling someone who fucks goats or something like that a motherfucker.

I know all of those words and use them frequently. Veer cannot even get close to my vocabulary in that end of the dictionary.

My screen is now back to black with white print that I find easier on Old eyes. And, I didn't have to post up a dumb question as to find out how to do it.

So here we are, The Old Hippie is happy again and I hope all of you have a very good April Fool's day. FM

Thank you to all of you computer understanding people. You have made this thread where even I can understand some things.

i do not understand many of the abbreviations used, but I am understanding some. Urban dictionary is my friend.

Many of those 3 letter or 4 letter word abbreviations make no sense to me at all as they do not relate to carnal knowledge, damning, questioning parenting or calling someone who fucks goats or something like that a motherfucker.

I know all of those words and use them frequently. Veer cannot even get close to my vocabulary in that end of the dictionary.

My screen is now back to black with white print that I find easier on Old eyes. And, I didn't have to post up a dumb question as to find out how to do it.

So here we are, The Old Hippie is happy again and I hope all of you have a very good April Fool's day. FM
    So how did ya manage to get it changed? I try the color menu and it defaults back to white background...

I did that while being logged on, but if not logged in the system always goes to default settings (white background). The pre-upgrade setting stayed once set in place.

Sounds like something changed in the upgrade. Just stay logged in then and the dark Background should stay.

ohhh I like the “Earth”, makes me feel all operator.

mercracing, you have to go to the very bottom of the page where you can't go lower, in the lower left corner and select from there.
    I did have to do it twice in a couple of days but we had several power outages so that may have had something to do with it.
    Good luck.

Scroll all the way to the bottom. It should say something like Snipers Hide dark 2020. Click that and you should have options. The ones with 2020 in the title are staying so pick one of those.

Thanks A-Aron!

The new themes are necessary once the front page is completed, they have some issues blending the two sides, the side will be unified.

We are bridging the front page and blog posts into the forum eco-system so it's going to be a single log on and change for everyone.

In the bottom left corner of the forum is a button to change themes, you can also adjust text size in your profile under preferences

We are looking at tweaks and changes to help navigate the forum better, upgrades are being discussed, but they are heavy on the custom side to meet the requests posted in the Feedback thread.

This is the new normal, so get used to it, we need these themes in order for the system to work, it will not work with older themes so they must be retired.

Changes are not complete, we have more work to do, but this has been the plan since January.

You can go to your account, click preferences, at the top of the page it says "Style". Just click one and hit apply to see different backgrounds...

ETA: Good timing, lol, what he said^^^.