• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Gun!

StrmRidr

Private
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2010
NB, Canada
www.youtube.com
So I ordered a new gun last Thursday in it arrived today
grin.gif
It's a Remington 700 SPS Tactical in .308 and the scope is a Falcon Menace 4-14x44 FFP (Mil/Mil). Frontier Firearms in Canada had a package deal and it was exactly this combo that I wanted so I jumped on it. I won't be able to shoot it until Friday or Saturday and I can't wait! I know you guys have way better setup then me but I'm still going to Uni so I bought the best I could
smile.gif
Here's a pic.

DSC05505.jpg

grin.gif

Re: New Gun!

It's not about the price or the quality of the rifle.It's about how well you shoot it.......practice,practice,practice.....

I dont know if you can get B&C stocks in Canada, but if you can, get your hands on a Lite Tactical stock and skim bed that action into it. Those plastic stocks flex too much.

A new stock is on my wish list for sure. But I will use this one for the rest of the summer and next year I'll buy a new stock and a detachable magazine kit. Anyone know of a good DM kit for the Rem 700?

Badger m5 in a mcmillan or just an aics. Can't go wrong with either.

Don't worry about not having something with a big price tag on it. You are in the game and can play now. I have seen some pretty good shooting done with that almost exact same setup.

Congrats I just bought the same rifle a few weeks ago still havent shot mine yet though trying to deicde on an optic let me know how you like the set up!

Nothing wrong with your rifle at all . Got to start somewhere and that is just as good a start as any .

+1 on reloading !

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StrmRidr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone know of a good DM kit for the Rem 700? </div></div>

There are several; Badger Ordnance, CDI Precision and Seekins are the more popular stateside. Vbull is on your side of the border and probably easier to come by.

I started out with that same rifle. It just went off to RW Snyder so Robert could breath on it and install a new Rock Creek barrel. It's an excellent starter rifle, you've done well, now go practice!
smile.gif