• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New guy from Arizona

OmegaMan73

Private
Minuteman
Sep 16, 2014
Mesa, AZ
Hello everybody. I'm a long time reader of this forum and decided to finally become a member here. I've learned a lot from you all and I'm looking forward to contributing to the community if I can. Thanks, take care.

Thanks!
Is there a thank you button here on the forum so you can thank someone when they respond to your post? I've seen it on another forum and wondered if it's the same way here.

Welcome from Scottsdale. What and where are you going to be shooting? To Thank just tap the Post and it will pop up on the bottom right. Lots of great information and knowledgeable people here. Good luck!

Welcome from Scottsdale. What and where are you going to be shooting? To Thank just tap the Post and it will pop up on the bottom right. Lots of great information and knowledgeable people here. Good luck!

Thanks sib! I just recently purchased a semi custom 6.5 creedmoor from another forum member here that's based off a savage action and has a rock creek stainless barrel set in a bell and carlson stock. I'm still looking for glass for it. To be honest I've never shot at long distance 700+ yards (but that's why I'm here) and have been wondering myself where I'll be shooting. :)

Thanks sib! I just recently purchased a semi custom 6.5 creedmoor from another forum member here that's based off a savage action and has a rock creek stainless barrel set in a bell and carlson stock. I'm still looking for glass for it. To be honest I've never shot at long distance 700+ yards (but that's why I'm here) and have been wondering myself where I'll be shooting. :)

The best place where more avid shooters go is Rio Salado Sportsman Club in East Mesa. Costs about $100 a year and you can shoot on the Main Range to steel at 300 yards. Then after shooting 3 500 yards matches at paper NRA targets on the High Power Range, you become certified to use the High Power Range any time there are no scheduled matches, which usually falls on weekends.

I shoot almost every Tuesday morning with several friends. Steel targets set up at 100 yards or you can bring your own targets and tape them to provided frames and shoot 100, 200, 300, 400 or 500 yards. There are also steel shilouetts at 220, 330, 440 and 550 yards.

With practice those targets become easy prey, so several of us set up permanent targets in the desert with capability of shooting out to 2200 yards from a ridge across a valley. Targets at 500, 700 800 & 900. then 1200 and 1275 so far!

Here's the valley we shoot across and a few of the shooter's from last Sunday:
20140914_084743_resized_zps953d4f76.jpg

20140914_071800_resized_zps353c67d8.jpg

Too much fun to be legal!!!! Good luck

PS-High Power 500 yard matches are the 3rd Saturday each month. Fortunately, a match this Sat. at 7:30 AM. Just pull up to the High Power Range and look for Mike Tolliver or me, George Sibley. Hope to see you there. $15.00 entry fee or you can just watch and learn a lot!

Thank you George for the heads up! Unfortunately I have a pretty wonky work schedule, I work Monday through Saturday and to boot it's a second shift that gets out at 3:30am. However I have some paid time off I need to use before the end of the year so I can schedule something in to make those hours at the range. Usually Sundays are my family / shooting times. I do live close to Rio Solado range though so that's a big plus.

Thank you George for the heads up! Unfortunately I have a pretty wonky work schedule, I work Monday through Saturday and to boot it's a second shift that gets out at 3:30am. However I have some paid time off I need to use before the end of the year so I can schedule something in to make those hours at the range. Usually Sundays are my family / shooting times. I do live close to Rio Solado range though so that's a big plus.
Sounds good and let me know when to meet you there in October. As long as you're with me we can shoot on the HP Range together and I'll show you the ropes and can introduce you to some of the other members. Bring 100 rounds, if you can. I usually shoot between 40-80 rounds. The more difficult, the better and much more fun!

i always say "Family first". The kids grow up and, hopfully, leave before you know it! Then if you're lucky, there will be grand kids, like The ones I have now! George

Well gentleman, I was able to get a swfa 10x scope today and a set of Burris Extreme rings and have the system bore sighted and I'm ready to set a zero. It came together quicker than I expected but hot damn I'm ready to do some shooting. When I get off work tomorrow morning I'll update this with a couple of pictures. I can't do it from my phone.