• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New guy from CA

Tchitcherine

Private
Minuteman
Sep 26, 2014
CA
Been lurking here on and off for years. I live in SF Bay Area, work in tech, shoot & train regularly. My interest in precision & long range has stepped up so I finally joined. Nice place y'all have here.

Last edited:
Greetings Diver160651. Locally, at Metcalf, sometimes Los Altos, and a couple private ranges.

Check out our club at Sac Valley - NCPPRC.com. We have regular long range matches and practice. A bunch of guys from the bay make the trek out every month.

Metcalf? That place can get really crowed with a lot of funky stuff sometime ;)

Long range, there isn't much in the immediate Bay Area, but you have 3 ranges within driving distance that offer up to 1K.

I do belong to all three, but Sac has the nicest facilities. To actually shoot the full 1k at Sac, it is a bit harder as you need to be with an established and insured group. While my interests are ELR, I have shot with the bench rest guys on practice days.. Most the groups up there are very accommodating if you have your head on correctly.

Also if your Interests turn to ELR shooting there is a few places within driving distance, that offers drive in access out over 2miles. So your in good luck despite what people might "think" you can find in the norther California area..

Jt

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Can you provide the details for the two other places for long range shooting besides Sac? I usually go to Metcalf but all the have is 200 yards and it's open only on the last Sunday of every month.

I do belong to all three, but Sac has the nicest facilities. To actually shoot the full 1k at Sac, it is a bit harder as you need to be with an established and insured group. While my interests are ELR, I have shot with the bench rest guys on practice days.. Most the groups up there are very accommodating if you have your head on correctly.

Jt

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Our monthly practice sessions and matches are open to the public. Like JT said, just have your head screwed on straight and you'll be GTG. Check out our forum at NCPPRC.com under "Practice Sessions".

Been lurking here on and off for years. I live in SF Bay Area, work in tech, shoot & train regularly. My interest in precision & long range has stepped up so I finally joined. Nice place y'all have here.

Welcome! I'm from the Valley, Stockton to be specific.

Our monthly practice sessions and matches are open to the public. Like JT said, just have your head screwed on straight and you'll be GTG. Check out our forum at NCPPRC.com under "Practice Sessions".

I'll have to check that out. I didn't think the practice sessuons were open to the public.

Check out our club at Sac Valley - NCPPRC.com. We have regular long range matches and practice. A bunch of guys from the bay make the trek out every month.

Hey djskit, I've heard nothing but good things about Sac Valley, hope to get up there, maybe in November. Cheers.

Greetings Apex, thanks for saying' hi, hope you're staying cool out in the Valley.

I have no idea how it is back home right now. I've been in Japan working for a couple of months. I'll see when I get back home this weekend though.

I have no idea how it is back home right now. I've been in Japan working for a couple of months. I'll see when I get back home this weekend though.

Sumimasen! Hows the Japan gig going? Stay safe, kick ass.

SF Bay area? You live behind enemy lines. LOL! Welcome aboard. Stand firm. :cool:

SF Bay area? You live behind enemy lines. LOL! Welcome aboard. Stand firm. :cool:

Indeed. As indicated by your Location, you know that of which you speak. The cities are mostly hopeless, but there's still gold in them thar hills.

Welcome aboard! This place is pretty good. Lots of good info here but always ask where the people got the references from. I only say that because there are tons of legit people here...and some that don't really know. Anyway, welcome.