• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Guy From Colorado.

BDA2

Private
Minuteman
Jul 12, 2013
Westminster, Colorado
www.ar-15.co
So, after poking around here for 1 year and 4 days, I figure I should say hi with my second post. I didn't even notice I had never posted before.

Anyway, I guess I could tell you a little about myself.

County LE for 5 years, now Federal LE.

I shoot a little mix of everything. I like to take calibers to the ends of their limits and push my own skills. 700 yard P-Dog shots with a .223 bolt gun is fun. I'd like to, when I find a place to do it, take my .308 to over 1k.

I'm trying to get some cash together to start a ground up 700 build. If I wouldn't have started really reading here I would have built said 700 in .308. After reading though, I think 6.5 Creedmore is going to be what I make.

I've been reloading for a little over a year now. Still learning and really getting to know all the aspects of it all. When I get the 6.5 done I'll really start hamming down and making some high grade loads. Until then, it's all volume tossed .223s out of an RCBS measure and weighed .308s out of my charge master.

Been working on some 300blk Sub Sonic loads that'll function with and without a suppressor. Can't seem to get it to work just right in my rifle and I can't get my buddy to come out with his 10.5"s and cans. I'm sure with the shorter gas system and added pressure from the can they'll roll just fine either suppressed or from the short rifles. 220gr SMKs over 10.9gr of A1680 is my load right now. Might bump a few to 11-11.2 to try and get them to cycle in my unsuppressed rifle.

Still learning the 357/38. Right now my favorite is a 124gr jacketed hollow point loaded to .38spl +P specs in a .357mag case. Super accurate and easy on the hands for all day fun with the 3" GP100. Even more easy in a 6" Ruger Security Six.

Anyway, I won't bore you with the details. I look forward to learning more and maybe even teaching someone a thing or two.

Welcome. Colorado here as well, Littleton. Just getting back into shooting, mainly the Cherry Creek range and the Shootist for handguns