• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New guy from Florida

Gunnee

Private
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2014
Hello all. Purchased a Savage Axis .308, Centerpoint Wally World scope/bipod to see what I could do. Yup, like it. I wanted to upgrade so I turned the Axis into a "scout" type rifle by putting on a pic rail, and a Bushnell Trs-25 red dot...of all things. The rifle was so light, I wanted to see how it would be to keep it that way. Turned out pretty dam good....I call it the hog hunter. Would have preferred iron sights, but the red dot was just a lot easier. Good sight too by the way. Anyway..on to the new range gun. Per advice on this forum, and elsewhere, I picked up a Remington 700 SPS Tactical .308 and a 4-16x42 Nikon Monarch scope(nikoplex). I decided to take a chance and try the Promag Archangel stock with the full bedding block as a replacement to the Hogue. I'm about to head over to the Archangel stock thread to update.

IMG_20140104_142856_493.jpg

welcome :)

Hello all. Purchased a Savage Axis .308, Centerpoint Wally World scope/bipod to see what I could do. Yup, like it. I wanted to upgrade so I turned the Axis into a "scout" type rifle by putting on a pic rail, and a Bushnell Trs-25 red dot...of all things. The rifle was so light, I wanted to see how it would be to keep it that way. Turned out pretty dam good....I call it the hog hunter. Would have preferred iron sights, but the red dot was just a lot easier. Good sight too by the way. Anyway..on to the new range gun. Per advice on this forum, and elsewhere, I picked up a Remington 700 SPS Tactical .308 and a 4-16x42 Nikon Monarch scope(nikoplex). I decided to take a chance and try the Promag Archangel stock with the full bedding block as a replacement to the Hogue. I'm about to head over to the Archangel stock thread to update.

View attachment 25819