• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New guy from Louisiana

HeShootsHeScores

Private
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2019
Marine Corps vet here (0311) that's been lurking the forums off and on for awhile now. My usual preference in shooting has always been AR's and pistols but have wanted to dive into the long distance shooting since my dream before deciding not to reenlist in the military was to be a HOG. Haven't purchased my first rifle yet, as I'm still trying to figure out which route I want to take. I look forward to learning and interacting with you fellas as well as testing my personal limits.

Welcome brother (former 0352 here). I didn’t realize you had your own post before replying to you in Badwolf318’s post.

Are you looking to shoot matches or just long range in general? What kind of budget are you thinking for rifle and optic? Happy to help in any way I can. If you’re ever up around Shreveport, we can link up at Long Range Alley. Their range goes out to 1,000 yards.

I would suggest downloading the Podbean app and subscribing to the Everyday Sniper podcast (iTunes only goes back to episode 40). It’s a great resource straight from the mouth of the dude that owns this forum.

Welcome brother (former 0352 here). I didn’t realize you had your own post before replying to you in Badwolf318’s post.

Are you looking to shoot matches or just long range in general? What kind of budget are you thinking for rifle and optic? Happy to help in any way I can. If you’re ever up around Shreveport, we can link up at Long Range Alley. Their range goes out to 1,000 yards.

I would suggest downloading the Podbean app and subscribing to the Everyday Sniper podcast (iTunes only goes back to episode 40). It’s a great resource straight from the mouth of the dude that owns this forum.

I don't like to think of it as having a budget (aka I'm not married and have no kids lol) I'm currently preparing to offload stuff from other hobbies I've had and putting that money back in the toy box. I'm willing to wait it out until I have the funds to throw at whatever the build calls for but have also considered buying a used 700 and buying some good glass and building the rifle as I go. I think that would really let me see what makes a difference to me and what I truly need when it comes to building my next rifle.

I'm definitely interested in working towards shooting the matches, I've always been very competitive!

Marine Corps vet here (0311) that's been lurking the forums off and on for awhile now. My usual preference in shooting has always been AR's and pistols but have wanted to dive into the long distance shooting since my dream before deciding not to reenlist in the military was to be a HOG. Haven't purchased my first rifle yet, as I'm still trying to figure out which route I want to take. I look forward to learning and interacting with you fellas as well as testing my personal limits.

If you ever in the Hammond area, drop by and say hello.

Welcome! This is the best place I have found for quality information a bunch of good guys and Maybe girls? What ever you do don't go to the bear pit but since you are a Marine I know you have to go there! Anyrate have fun.

Welcome! This is the best place I have found for quality information a bunch of good guys and Maybe girls? What ever you do don't go to the bear pit but since you are a Marine I know you have to go there! Anyrate have fun.

Thank you! And yeah now I have to go there... Why you ask? Because I'm a Marine and got told not to do it lol

Reactions: Zeroit
I don't like to think of it as having a budget (aka I'm not married and have no kids lol) I'm currently preparing to offload stuff from other hobbies I've had and putting that money back in the toy box. I'm willing to wait it out until I have the funds to throw at whatever the build calls for but have also considered buying a used 700 and buying some good glass and building the rifle as I go. I think that would really let me see what makes a difference to me and what I truly need when it comes to building my next rifle.

I'm definitely interested in working towards shooting the matches, I've always been very competitive!

In hindsight, I wish I would’ve gotten my scope first when I started this journey myself. Not to say my gen 1 or my gen 2 PST have given me trouble, but I keep drooling over the NF ATACR.