• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New guy from Louisiana

Welcome from Texas.

Shouldn't you be gassing up the generator, icing down the beer, checking location of the ax, tying the boat to the house and renting some movies?

Welcome, from Ohio.
All the times I have been to Louisiana I had fun, good people.

Welcome from CO

We try, I'm glad you enjoyed.
One of my the ten best meals of my life was at a truck stop/bar/dance hall? The bayou delight near Houma? Bayou black?
The wife and I stayed at a place back in the swamp, it was a marginally glorified tool shed, on the trail getting back there it was getting dark, I'm humping "luggage" a noise sounded like a pissed off growling gator , the wife freaked, could have out ran Jesse Owens, needless to say she wasn't impressed with my choice of places to bed down.
That was about 25+ years ago.
All good, still married and I wasn't on the gators menu apparently.
And that best meal was Alligator sauce pecaunt.

• Love
Reactions: Snuby642
One of my the ten best meals of my life was at a truck stop/bar/dance hall? The bayou delight near Houma? Bayou black?
The wife and I stayed at a place back in the swamp, it was a marginally glorified tool shed, on the trail getting back there it was getting dark, I'm humping "luggage" a noise sounded like a pissed off growling gator , the wife freaked, could have out ran Jesse Owens, needless to say she wasn't impressed with my choice of places to bed down.
That was about 25+ years ago.
All good, still married and I wasn't on the gators menu apparently.
And that best meal was Alligator sauce pecaunt.
Hahah no gators around me but I can definitely make you rewrite your Top 10 meals with some places by me.

Welcome from Middle Georgia and a great state to do some long gunning. Lots of info here to help ya out and you shoyld be able to meet some good folks to do it with. Just poke around and you'll never know what you'll find...

Reactions: Zeroit
Houma has a lot of good food.

Fil and a step sil had places in houma,
food was awesome.

Scraps were fed to gators out the back door right downtown in the little bayou that connected not far away from the ICW, big gators in that.

Could sit and watch ships pass on the ICW from my fil's house.

Hahah no gators around me but I can definitely make you rewrite your Top 10 meals with some places by me.
Well you might have to give me some suggestions, I'm trying to get down there to Louisiana and Texas, planning a hog hunt and some other stuff, who knows I might not come back North, too cold up here anyway temperature and politically.

Might
Well you might have to give me some suggestions, I'm trying to get down there to Louisiana and Texas, planning a hog hunt and some other stuff, who knows I might not come back North, too cold up here anyway temperature and politically.
might be too humid for you here. It’s been so wet here recently the hogs are getting pushed up about every where. Nothing compares to a Texas night hunt though.

Welcome from Texas.

Shouldn't you be gassing up the generator, icing down the beer, checking location of the ax, tying the boat to the house and renting some movies?
Haha I just saw this but that sounds like a normal week for us with the water being so high lately. The camp boats are almost needed to get from the house to the camps now lol.

I was worried about that last storm but it moved pretty quickly .

Hope all faired well.

Edit: this thread got me a reminder for a mufalata last nite, thank you.

20200612_191959.jpg

Last edited: