• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New guy from northern Iowa

fisterofmuppets

Private
Minuteman
Sep 16, 2023
Iowa
Been reading a lot from here lately, decided to finally register. Been tinkering for a few years with a semi-auto build, finally committed to do something different with it and stretch its legs.

Welcome!!! Are there any long range shooting ranges in North Eastern Iowa? Or in Iowa period? TIA.
I’m aware of Sureshot in Vinton, High Lakes in Creston, and one other I can’t remember the name of near Ackley ($100 / yr membership).

Otherwise get to know a farmer maybe you can shoot the fields half the year.

I’d really like to get to one of the SH classes in Vinton before too long, they usually do that in August

Reactions: xsn10s
I’m aware of Sureshot in Vinton, High Lakes in Creston, and one other I can’t remember the name of near Ackley ($100 / yr membership).

Otherwise get to know a farmer maybe you can shoot the fields half the year.

I’d really like to get to one of the SH classes in Vinton before too long, they usually do that in August
Thanks! I figured that might be possible after harvest on the right farm. But those ranges are helpful. Could make it a fishing trip/ range day over the weekend.

Reactions: rlsmith1