• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New guy from SC

Country Boy

Private
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
A little about me: Senior at University Of South Carolina-Mechanical Engineering
I work for FN Manufacturing as an engineer co op for the MK19.
Mostly Fixturing and operator instructions
Im a member of Mid Carolina Rifle Club.

I hunt and do a little bit of fishing. My new passion is gun competitions. Right now I do NRA light rifle, Pistol Silhouette(rifle soon). I'll be getting an FNX9 soon to start IDPA. Maybe pick up an SLP and AR and try my luck at 3 gun.

Seems like a pretty good community of guys here, see atleast one member from another site I frequent. I am lookign forward to learning a lot.

Re: New guy from SC

Welcome, Country Boy! I remember seeing a documentary on the M-16 rifle with some good footage of the FN plant in Columbia. As a CMM guy, I was most interested in the fixturing and measurement routine on the B&S CMM.

My wife works at BMW. One of her buds is married to a Supplier Quality Engineer from the FN plant. Wish I could have earned my stripes in firearms quality but instead paid the bills in hydraulics, fuel pumps, and plastics. With only four more years to retirement, I'm not a likely apprentice.
wink.gif

Enjoy the site. Lots of knowledge here. ----Bill

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BAT_Boy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Welcome, Country Boy! I remember seeing a documentary on the M-16 rifle with some good footage of the FN plant in Columbia. As a CMM guy, I was most interested in the fixturing and measurement routine on the B&S CMM.

My wife works at BMW. One of her buds is married to a Supplier Quality Engineer from the FN plant. Wish I could have earned my stripes in firearms quality but instead paid the bills in hydraulics, fuel pumps, and plastics. With only four more years to retirement, I'm not a likely apprentice.
wink.gif

Enjoy the site. Lots of knowledge here. ----Bill </div></div>
Thanks fellow SCer! Yea we have quite a bit of CMM machines at the plant. That is cool I may know the person you speak of but there are way to many people to remember them all lol.
Its a pretty sweet job and Id love to continue to work for them after I graduate.
Best of luck in your retirement

Welcome Country Boy.
Good to have you here. There is a lot of knowledge in this place on firearms and long range rifle shooting. I think you will enjoy it.