• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New guy from Southern Indiana

squish

Private
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2013
Howdy. I've been lurking around for a few weeks, and sponging some of the great info y'all have to offer. I've been an Active duty CAV Scout for 19 years, and have about 600 days till retirement. I recently picked up a Rem 700 SPS TAC in .223, and a Nikon Prostaff 4x12x40 scope. I know now after purchase that the setup that I have is lacking in almost all areas....I got the .223 due to the fact that as of right now I don't have a place to shoot out past 250m, so the .308 seemed to be a bit of overkill. I found out after purchasing that the factory stock on this thing SUCKS ASS. I've never seen a stock this flexible. As far as the scope goes, I didn't do ANY homework on it and now I'm regretting that purchase big time. Oh well we sometimes learn things the hard way. I'm just glad that I'm not into the scope for too much cash. No need to cry over spilt milk now. After getting this rig and letting my wife shoot it, she has now decided that she likes this as much as I do, and is releasing the purse strings for a build....something along the lines of a GAP or a Surgeon. Yes she's up for saint-hood. I'm sure I won't be of much help here, but I'm willing to listen and learn from those who have been there and done that.

I bought the same gun a few months ago. The overmold stock was useless. I replaced it with a Bell and Carlson Medalist from STOCKYS and now I have a decent shooter.
Sitting on top is a Burris XTR312.