• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Guy from Texas but living in Alabama

MikeD987

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 5, 2013
Waco, Texas
Hey Guys,

Can't remember if I ever made an intro for myself or not but I thought I post one up now. I'm new to the sport and look forward in learning a lot from everyone. So far I have made some post here and there about questions I had and am grateful to have found this site with knowledgeable people. A lot my purchases have been based on all of your experiences with certain products. I like to do a lot of research on things before I make a huge purchase to make sure I'm getting my moneys worth. I find the community here very helpful and continue to look forward in learning more. I never got into guns until last year when I was downrange and had the opportunity to shoot a 7.62 Germany HK sniper file with a suppressor. I fell in love instantly and knew I had to get one of my own. This is what lead me to researching everything I needed to get. I currently have a SRS A1 rifle on order and my SnB 5-25 is waiting at home to be mounted on it. I recently got the Atlas bipod from recommendations that people in this forum gave me. The buy once cry once motto has really stuck to me so I try to buy the very best my wallet can afford and being lower enlisted in the army doesn't always meet my purchasing habits... I hope it pays off in the end.

Well thanks for reading!

Mike

Welcome to the SH , Pretty new to the site myself been shooting since I was little but can say for a little over a year gotten into long range precision. Lots to learn and of course its a "blast"... ha. Tons of great dudes on here Im sure they will help our learning curve.