• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New guy from western Pa and grateful to be here

AVN8TOR

Private
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2013
PA
Hello from Western Pa. For quite a while I have read this site and been helped immensely by doing so. I’m always looking to learn new things and meet good people. I’d really like to find some shooting matches nearby to get involved with and start giving back to the community.

Just today I picked up my XLR chassis from Kyle’s shop in Grand Junction. Thank you for spending time with a noob like me Kyle. Also would like to thank Eric at milehighshooting for getting me a great deal on a Nightforce scope and base. Those two guys really influenced me to join here.

Happy to be here and look forward to the discussions.

Welcome to the hide av. From eastern pa.lots of great stuff here...........d-1

Welcome, if you're far enough West you can come visit Rayners Range Rayner's Range and Thunder Valley Precision (TVP) Thunder Valley Precision » Specialized long range shooting facility

We frequent Rayners a few times each month to tweak something new or just go go ring some steel with buddies. Always welcome to join us and the range is usually available anytime, even thru the week except for the 3rd and 4th weekends of each month due to matches being held.

Topstrap

Topstrap,

That's sounds great. I'll definitely get together with you guys sometime this spring and summer. Thunder Valley is a little bit closer to me, but either place will work just fine.

Welcome to the Hide, from eastern PA. Great information can be here, even on how to blow up a rifle-----probably left untested, but a good learning experience----don't use "buddies" rounds in your gun unless you were there when they were made specifically for your rifle---pressure tested, too.

If you're in nw pa (far corner specifically) look me up. There are some local guys that shoot regularly here to 400-600 and make the trip southeast to shoot 1000

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Nice to see so many folks from PA. Currently I live near the I-70/I-79 interchange. I grew up in Lancaster and just last week was back there visiting. While I was there I had the opportunity to shoot in my first long range local match. Had a lot of fun even though I had my ass handed to me!

I live a little north of you maybe 25-30 min, I'm waiting on Tom from TVP to finish my custom rifle and then I will hopefully be heading out there more often. If you want to tag along next time my friends (if they can) and I head out there feel free to contact me. Tom teaches classes if your interested and his range is a great, challenging place to send rounds down range. Like I said if you want contact me on here I'll be happy to help and would love to check out your build.

Thought I might jump in here seeing as I'm eastern PA and go to college in Lancaster. Also a "newer member" (long time reader, short time poster). Avid shooter since I got my Red Ryder and new to long range.