• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New guy here. MN

Kimura

Private
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2018
Hi all,
Lurked off and on for many years.
Finally got round to joining because of 2 reasons. 1) I am going to try my hand at PRS style shooting this year. Already registered for two local matches. I am slightly intimidated..... And 2) Everyday Sniper Podcast. Really enjoy listening to that while reloading.

I am going to try my hand at PRS style shooting this year. Already registered for two local matches.

You will find that everyone in MN is cool and very welcoming to newer shooters to the sport. Welcome to the fun!

That's good to hear, Atomic. Its intimidating jumping into something like this.

I am in a bit of a rush to gather/buy/make gear for the upcoming matches. Gonna hold off on a few things like a game changer and other bags till I see what others are using.

I am in a bit of a rush to gather/buy/make gear for the upcoming matches. Gonna hold off on a few things like a game changer and other bags till I see what others are using.

Just go shoot. You will learn a ton and have fun. When you sign up in the morning, tell them that you are brand new, lacking some basic gear, and can they put you with an experienced shooter that doesn't mind helping you out. After a few stages, you will get more comfortable and by the end of the day you will know what you need based on seeing other people and borrowing bags from experienced people around you. Just ask people for help, be friendly and respectful, and bring some beer to offer those that helped you at the end of the match.

When you know which ones you are going to, send me a message here and If I'm going to the same ones I'll help you out. Cheers!

Hello, could ya post about your first match experiences? It's always interesting to hear the aar of how it went, what ya saw, did etc...thanks.

Just realized this has been dead since March. Oops.

Only had the chance to shoot one match so far (i travel a lot) and dispite the pouring rain and freezing cold it was a blast!
Don’t worry about how well you’ll shoot, just go out with the “ I want to learm” attitude.

If you don’t mind divulging; where at in MN are you? I’m west central.

Shot a lot this summer. Did the pro-ami match in the spring, two classes put on by Precision Rifle Division, one class put on by another individual, two BWRS matches and 3 matches at Harris MN. Really a good group of shooters here in MN and everyone is willing to help out the new guys. Did not need as much gear as i thought i would. All I bought was a game changer from Precision Rifle Division. For my entry rifle I bought a Ruger RPR in 6MM CM and a Bushnell DMRII.. That setup is more accurate than I am SO NO NEED TO SPEND BIG TO GET INTO THE SPORT.. I am in the St Cloud area.

I have a 750 yard range, wifi target cam, covered 100 yard benches, and a couple of elevated shooting positions(12and36') so I am pretty well set up, give me notice and we can throw some rounds!

Reactions: Kimura
I have a 750 yard range, wifi target cam, covered 100 yard benches, and a couple of elevated shooting positions(12and36') so I am pretty well set up, give me notice and we can throw some rounds!

Wow, that's awesome! Do you have any openings for best friends? :LOL: I have to drive over an hour to shoot 600 yards.

I’m “pretty sure” a friend and I attended one of your classes this spring and “pretty well setup” is quite the understatement.

Hello, could ya post about your first match experiences? It's always interesting to hear the aar of how it went, what ya saw, did etc...thanks.

My first match was a PRS style in the fall of '16. It was SW of DesMoines at a nice public range, I think it was called High Lakes or something. It was their first time hosting a match and to this day it is one of the best that I've done. Everyone was very welcoming of the new guy, and super cool. I had so much fun and shot really well, I was hooked. They had a variety of cool stages and we got to shoot multiple distances on the same stage. They had a rooftop, KYLimits, moving platform, culvert that we got inside of and shot, hanging strap, etc...great variety.

Last summer I shot a bunch of local stuff. This summer I didn't shoot much because I was building a new house. But I did shoot one Border Wars at Gopher and the ProAm a month ago, placed decent in both which was a surprise. I'm planning to do the Red Wing match next month.

The kid and have to get out and participate, sounds like a he'll of a good time. I am trying to spend more time playing This year and less time working! I have some fun stuff, just not enough time to use it!