• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Guy in Grovetown, GA (Augusta / Fort Gordon)

mattysdaddy

Private
Minuteman
Oct 7, 2014
Grovetown, GA
Hi folks,

I am a 22-year DoD civilian and have worked all over the world for the past 20 years. I returned to GA two years ago and just settled in Grovetown several months ago. I work at Fort Gordon and have access to shoot on a very nice range where we can take up to 900m shots. I decided it was time to get into precision shooting so I ended up putting together the following rig...

I have a Remington 700-AAC (.308) in an older AICS 1.5, Timney Calvin Elite, Nightforce F1 3.5-15 FFP in NF UL rings, and an Atlas bipod. I have obtained a decent range finder, ordered a Kestrel 4500NV and an Impact Data Book. I plan to tuck all of this neatly into a rolling Pelican case and send as many 168-grain Sierra Match Kings down range as I can as often as possible.

I look forward to maybe one day getting an even longer range setup (TRG-42?) after I hone my skills... I am looking forward to learning from you guys.

Thanks,
Joe (mattysdaddy)

Welcome aboard! I was born in Georgia. This place is pretty good. Lots of good info here but always ask where the people got the references from. I only say that because there are tons of legit people here...and some that don't really know. Anyway, welcome.

No doubt brother! I think you will find varying expert opinions all over the web. It is ultimately up to the individual to discern the value advice from the bullshit... Since I'm new to long range shooting but not a new shooter, I'll hopefully be able to weed out some of the nonsense myself...