• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Guy Introduction

Cheap_Seats

Private
Minuteman
Sep 16, 2007
Here and There
Good evening gents (and ladies too). I've been lurking for a while, but haven't really posted. Just mostly soak up the info and knowledge. About me, I'm active duty Army National Guard. I'm not a B4. I shoot a lot on my own, and have only recently really got turned on to the long range discipline. It's always interested me, but never had the money to break into it. Finally got a Rem700 .308 and put a Bushnell Elite 4200 on it. Going to shoot that out to 600-800m until I'm ready to move out to longer distances.
Anyhow, nothing to exciting. I try to stay in my lane. That's about it.

Re: New Guy Introduction

Welcome. If you need any scope advice, pm member PistonPete. If you need any rifle advice (or advice on how to wax your legs), find and contact Maser. They are pretty much the site experts.

laugh.gif

Welcome, remember to use the search engine when you have a question. It'll save you some headache down the road.

Welcome and good fortune to you. This is an especially good site to bring your questions to. Be prepared for alternative responses.

I think any serious rifle marksman can benefit greatly from a good, simple, basic .22LR with a reliable inexpensive optic. Expensive and premium rifles are nice, but as a basic trainer, probably aren't nceessary. Find which ammo it likes and put the money into that.

You can use it to simulate shooting longer distances with the Centerfire. I suggest working at 100yd or greater to get some wind knowledge. If my estimates are right, 200-250yd with a .22LR corresponds to 800-1000yd with the .308.

Greg