• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New guy looking for Sling input....

ncbowhnter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2014
sanford nc
My head is spinning from looking at all the different sling options so I figured I would ask here since most of my searches online lead me back to this site anyway. I am going to be attending a law enforcement sniper school in a few months and I need to get a decent sling for my personal rifle that I am going to take. I have a Tikka T3 in a Whiskey 3 Chassis and it is quite heavy compared to the Rem 700 SPS that the department has. So here is what I am thinking.....
I would like for it to be comfortable since the rifle is so heavy, I would like for it to be easily adjusted meaning to sinch it down tighter and to loosen it (for crawling and jogging) , And It would be nice if someone could give advice for belly crawling with a rifle. Had to do this at my last sniper school and the sling would not stay on my back, it was a pain to say the least.
Any input would be appreciated.
Attachment points don't really matter cause I can configure the W3 for whichever and I would like to keep the price reasonable ($50ish)

Padded vtac sling might work for you.

There are several ways to low crawl with a rifle - depends on how low you need to go. A simple middle crawl is to cradle the rifle in the crook of your arms, using your elbows to pull and legs to push. A low crawl is becoming one with the ground - grab your sling at the front swivel with your hand and let the optic lay on your arm, then slither away.

The VTAC wide padded upgraded sling looks like its gonna fit the bill. I'm gonna give one a try! thanks

Would look at TIS Quick Cuff, and the new Slip Cuff QR.
Triad tactical vendors them, or you can buy directly from Mike.
My favorite slings by far.

Other good ones are TAB gear, RAS and Elite sling.
And the HTI looks interesting.

Tab Gear (already mentioned) or Armageddon Gear precision rifle sling Precision Rifle Sling. Both have a quick cuff.

I like the Turner National Match leather sling, but it's cumbersome for making quick adjustments.

I've been looking into them and there are a lot of good options. Strongly leaning towards Rifle Slings And Other Tactical Products & Services as PowerMac mentions. Also, Mike has a special offer if you are interested in helping others.

He will send you the sling of choice if you send that same amount of money to Marc S from Spartan Tactical rifle to support the lawsuite with the Hide and Spartan rifles. Great product, the money goes to a great cause and all because Mike from TIS is a honorable person.