• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New guy North Texas

JDPRH

Private
Minuteman
Jan 17, 2021
Texas
I’ve lurked on here about 5 years or so and love learning from this site. I grew up hunting with my grandpa. Started on a .22 and .410 shotgun. Worked my way up to a .243 of some sort and old leupold scope, can’t remember. Joined the military and became acquainted with AR’s, AK’s and handguns. I’ve now decided I want to start shooting some distance getting involved in the hobby. I’m curious about glass. I have a Tikka UPR in 6.5 creed. My budget on glass is around $1500 to $2000. I’m down to the Leupold MK5’s 3.6-18 and 5-25 (but the reticles are a struggle, love the weight). The Element Nexus 5-20. The NX-8 4-32. EOTech Vudu 5-25. Open to suggestions in my price range.

Thanks!!!!

Last edited:
In that price range the Vortex Razor Gen II 4.5-27 will be an option to seriously consider.

they are heavy but I do not think you can get a better scope without jumping up to 3k.

you might be able to find a S&B for $2000.

Reactions: JDPRH
Welcome. Im in FW and shoot at Triple C and JPGC if you ever want to meet up and practice or compete.

I really agree with @Kadams1563 on the razor gen ii. It's the best new scope under 2k.

Reactions: JDPRH
In that price range the Vortex Razor Gen II 4.5-27 will be an option to seriously consider.

they are heavy but I do not think you can get a better scope without jumping up to 3k.

you might be able to find a S&B for $2000.
Yeah the weight was my negating factor on my list. Was looking for more of a crossover. I haven’t seen any S&B’s for $2000 but would love to have one!

Welcome. Im in FW and shoot at Triple C and JPGC if you ever want to meet up and practice or compete.

I really agree with @Kadams1563 on the razor gen ii. It's the best new scope under 2k.
That would be great! Would love to do that at some point. I took the Razor Gen II off my list because of the weight. I’ll reconsider.

Reactions: Tunnuh
That would be great! Would love to do that at some point. I took the Razor Gen II off my list because of the weight. I’ll reconsider.
Any thoughts on shooting a local match? What is the overall purpose of your rifle?

Any thoughts on shooting a local match? What is the overall purpose of your rifle?
Would love to eventually shoot a local match and learn. Need to take some classes eventually. Right now my rifle is a crossover unfortunately until I have the money to dedicate to one or the other. It’s a Tikka UPR in 6.5, that I would like to be able to hunt, but also get involved in this hobby.