• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

new guy

thomas r.

Private
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2012
i have been lurking around for a while and finally finished a little project i was working on after seeing a tread posted here with a AI 22lr using a airsoft stock.here is my AI 22lr trainer
cool.gif
, its a savage markii with heavy fluted barrel with a retro fitted airsoft ai stock. trigger has been worked down to 1lb and has a egw 20moa base with swfa low 30mm rings and falcon menace 4-14 ffp mil/mil scope. just finished this build yesterday and got to the range late so only had about 40min to dial it in and do some testing with the scope and rifle. so far im happy with it as i able to shoot .2-.3in 5shot groups @50yrds off bipod and no rear bag and cci std velocity ammo.i have been able to shoot sub moa at 100yrds on calm low windy days.looking forward to testing the new setup at 100yrds and 300yrds again.

012012010756.jpg

012012010438.jpg

011912142416.jpg

012012011125.jpg

012012010856.jpg

a quick box test, range was closing so had 5mins left and dialed in real quick and sent them down range...50yrds.
012012010934.jpg

the stock gutted and before paint
011712220423.jpg

Re: new guy ( just finished AI 22lr trainer)

thanks, hoping to make a good first impression
grin.gif

That is sweet. Any pics of the conversions? I'm really interested in this as a match to my 6.5X47 build I just finished.

ill post pics when i get home tonight, it wasnt hard but the filling and cutting of the airsoft aluminum block was a little tricky.

I know nothing about airsoft...with that said, where did you source the stock and what's a ballpark price? Interesting build...

phat m, man i would have never thought to use a airsoft stock..good thinking man. i have always loved the AI framed rifles and was a little sad not see one for the savage platform. i settled with the boyds tacticool but it took a month to get it so after seeing your build i built mine.the only thing is the day after i finished this build my boyds arrived.

How hard is it to remove/insert the magazine?

I'd like to see the inside. To see how you mounted it/how much work is involved.

Re: new guy

here are the some pics of the bedding and size difference form the boyds tacticool.
012012195244.jpg

012012195712.jpg

012012195733.jpg

012012195843.jpg

012012194239.jpg

Very nice mate, well done

I've been thinking about a similar project but we can't get airsoft down here

the trigger is a little short but im using low ring mounts and if i mounted he assembly lower i wouldn't be able to look threw the scope. i didn't want to use higher scope rings but with a reliable 1lb trigger pull it doesnt feel bad. ill post a pic of the mag well in a sec, its easy to insert and detach the mag with the cutout at the bottom.

here a pic of the mag well and trigger.
012012221021.jpg

012012221256.jpg

012012221213.jpg

looks like reload will be slow . Stay away from zombies !

thats what my co worker said when i finished it :D, i relaod just as fast with this stock as my old one. i reload while keeping my eye on target, muscle memory is awsome.now if i use the 5rnd mag it becomes a slow reload for sure, have to stick my finger in with the mag. i try keep 10 rounders on hand at all times.

airsoft stock on a real gun ??

That's pretty crafty. Is the savage 93 .17 hmr pretty much the same dimensions as the mark ii? I might be interested in this for my .17 if it is.

someone has put there .17 in one of these stocks already.im planning on doing one of thoose as well.

extended the trigger and retired the accu trigger.
012212015258.jpg

I applaud your skills! I thought I did a good job by simply painting my Mark II stock. You have taken it to a whole new level. Very cool!

its still the savage trigger but doesnt have the safety in the middle. i made it about 2lbs instead of 1lb to keep it on the safe side.

Very cool mate, I imagine the longer trigger feels just as light as the standard length accutrigger anyway?

thats actually great, its not like you need an amazing stock to withstand the recoil of a .22 so you just saved yourself a shit tonne of money

the trigger still feels like a 1lb break and the money savings is awsome along with the extra wow factor for a cool 22lr
grin.gif

not to dig up old threads but how is the accuracy? I just bought this stock and am getting ready to do a similar build. Minus the trigger for now.

I've seen the airsoft AICS/rimfire thing done a few times now, and I think i'm starting to give in to trying it myself. Looks great. Is the airsoft AICS the same size/dimensions as the real stock?