• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

New Guy

silverarrow

Private
Minuteman
Jul 28, 2010
New Cumberland PA
Hi everyone obviously I am new here I found this website when I was shopping for a new 22 and got a lot of good advice so I decided to join in the fun. Today I have a question I just bought a Savage MK II bv which shoots like a dream but the scope I have on it is junk it is very foggy at 100yrds. I am looking for a new scope under $150. I have heard good things about center point scopes are there any other options out there. I would ideally like to see less the 1 moa at hundred yards which I know the rifle is capable of. Any thoughts I would appreciate.

Re: New Guy

I have a Simmons WTC 6.5-20x50 w/ AO on my Savage in 22 mag. Very happy with it, I use it to hit pieces of skeet clays at 200 yards...

The guys at Rimfirecentral love the Mueller scopes for the 22LR for distances up to 200 yds. I bought one 4 x 14 x 40 AO with a plex retical.
Go to www.joeboboutfitters.com. He is vet and I got the best service ever. $115.00 shipped and it includes a sunshade and shirt. If you wait after contacting him he will e mail you with a code for an extra 5% off.
As to the scope, very clear and very sharp all the way to the edges, great light transmission for it's price range(about 90%) and the turrets are great with very positive clicks. It has a lifetime guarentee. I love mine. For the money, I think it's the best scope on the market. It's a 1" scope.
I'd say 70% of the guys at Rimfirecentral use this scope and they are pretty fussy about their equipment. I should add, the lower priced Mueller scope is not designed for hard hitting centerfires, it's a rim fire scope.
You will need tall medium rings for the Savage MKII rifles. Check ring heights, different brands hve different heights on each low, med or high.

Hope that helps, I have no connection with the dealer, it's just the best price I found and the great service was a bonus.

Best Regards, John K

Thanks guys I also asked the guys at rimfirecentral and Mueller seems to be the best for the money. I am still considering the Bushnell Banner and Simmons White Tail Classic but Mueller is probably where I am headed. Special thanks to dksac2 for mentioning the rings I would need because that was going to be my next question. Thanks again guys.

So I ended up with a bushnell banner 4-12x 40mm. I was going to go with the Mueller but I like being able to hold and look at the scope before buying it which I could not do with the Mueller and the Bushnell was cheaper. I got to shoot today and here are some pics. I believe the target shows a 3 shot group sub MOA correct me if I am wrong I don't have much experience with measuring groups. Thanks again for all the advice

Target by cm121886, on Flickr

Savage MK II BV by cm121886, on Flickr

I can't believe nobody has mentioned this yet, but this would be my pick: http://swfa.com/Vortex-6-24x50-Crossfire-Rifle-Scope-P43585.aspx

For under $100, you can't beat it, and Vortex's warranty is top notch. They were out of stock for awhile, or else I would have picked one up for my MkII Tr, but they are either back in stock now, or will be very shortly.
SWFA is a great operation too. Great CS and very active on the Hide.