• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New guy

ARTICWOLF

Private
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2022
Alaska
Hey y’all. New guy here. Currently living in the Alaska interior. Most of my shooting experience has been with the AR15/M4, various pistols, and lever guns (.30-30 and .45-70). I just bought an AR10 (18” .308) and I’m looking to learn anything and everything i can about precision long range shooting. Most of my trigger time has been in CQB environments or engagements under 300m. Hunting with lever guns the farthest shot I’ve taken has been 200m. So while I’m not a stranger to firearms or the fundamentals of shooting I’m looking to expand my knowledge and skills.

My primary use for the new weapon system is going to be defensive in nature, the world/country being what is is these days plus help in Alaska is not always right around the corner. My wife and I have 2 young kids, we’re both pretty cozy with defending the herd in a close quarters situation. My goal is to develop a stand off defensive capability consistently scoring hits 400m+ on moving targets

Look up a shooting course. I think @lowlight does them in alaska ? He can set your straight on distance, but not sure on defensive skills.

I just built my first AR10 in 6.5 CM. Love Alaska! I spent a few months riding the Dalton and Dempster a few years back. Wish I had an opportunity to live in Alaska.