• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s New guy's Christmas wish

JustCallMePapa

Private
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2010
Franklin, KY
Hello all, making my first post to wish each and every one of you a very Merry Christmas from KY. Thank you to all who post, and contribute to my education. Please, as we enjoy our holiday time, remember the ones who stand guard and keep our freedoms.

Re: New guy's Christmas wish

Very good first post,brother!

Welcome aboard,and a Merry Christmas to you as well!

Merry Christmas to all fellow hide members. Lets remember those less fortunate and our brothers and sisters overseas who cant be home for the holidays. God Bless.

Merry Christmas to all...

Thanks go out to ALL Service Men and Women and ALL LEO out there working through the holidays to keep us safe.

Bless you all and stay safe.

Matt (LEO SOUTH GA.)

Merry Christmas......and thanks to all who protect "our" freedoms....you are never forgoten

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: usmcdad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hello all, making my first post to wish each and every one of you a very Merry Christmas from KY. Thank you to all who post, and contribute to my education. Please, as we enjoy our holiday time, remember the ones who stand guard and keep our freedoms.

</div></div>

Of course this goes for all who stand guard for us around the world:

A Marine's Christmas

'Twas the night before Christmas and he lived all alone, In a one bedroom house made of plaster and stone.
I had come down the chimney with presents to give, And had to see who in this small home did live.
I looked all about, a strange sight I did see, No tinsel, No Presents, Not even a tree.

No stocking by the mantle, just boots full of sand.
On the wall hung some pictures, of a far distant land.

With Medals and Badges, Awards of all kinds, A sober thought, came to my mind.
For this house was different, it was dark and dreary, I found the home of a Marine, Once I could see clearly.

The Marine lay there sleeping, silent, alone curled up on the floor, In his one bedroom home why wasn’t there more?
The room in such disorder but silent, serene, Not how I pictured, A United States Marine.

Was this the hero of whom I'd just read? Curled up on a poncho, The floor for a bed?
I realized the families that I saw this night, Owed their lives to these Marines, Who were willing to fight.

Soon around the world, children would play, And grownups would celebrate, a bright Christmas day.
They enjoyed Freedom, each month of the year, Because of these Marines, like the one lying here.

I couldn't help wonder, how many lay alone, On a cold Christmas Eve, In a land Far from home.
The very thought, brought a tear to my eye. I dropped to my knees and started to cry.

The soldier awakened, and I heard a rough voice, "Santa don't cry, this life is my choice; I fight for Freedom, I don't ask for more, My life is for God, My Country, My Corps."

The Marine rolled over, and soon drifted to sleep. I couldn't control it, I continued to weep.
I kept watch for hours, So silent and still And we both shivered from the cold night's chill.

I didn't want to leave on that cold, dark night, This Guardian of Honor, so willing to fight.
Then the Marine rolled over, with a voice soft and pure, Whispered, "Carry on Santa. It's Christmas Day, All is Secure."

One look at my watch, and I knew he was right. Merry Christmas my friend, And to all a good night.

Welcome to the Hide. Merry Christmas to you as well.