• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Hampshire living?

30calDeath

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2010
North Idaho
My home base is in N. Idaho and I like it here alot, but not much contracting work here for the work I do. There is definitely more contracting work and better pay on the East Coast, of all the states I think New Hampshire would pay well, has the geography I like and is probably similar to Idaho weather wise. I like how they are the Live Free or Die state and I think I could like it there.

Any 'hide members here? How do you like NH? Pros and Cons of the state? Weather any good?

I'd probably head over in the Spring as pulling a trailer 2700 miles in the winter doesn't sound safe or appealing to me.

They talk funny, don't know how to cook biscuits and here's the prettiest girl in the state

f9d4e025d0f068b523b66cec52fa49bb

I was born and raised in the south. They know no such thing as manners up here. It is definitely a “me first” attitude spearheaded by massholes moving in. The longest range here is 600 in Merrimack unless you do a private thing or pay for Sig.

Reactions: greg1147
I was born and raised in the south. They know no such thing as manners up here. It is definitely a “me first” attitude spearheaded by massholes moving in. The longest range here is 600 in Merrimack unless you do a private thing or pay for Sig.
And the stress on the east coast just isnt worth it, stay in Idaho and take your trailer to jobs then go home.

One thing I will tell you is that the eastern half of the country doesn't have the same BLM land type stuff as the western half. That was a big thing for me when looking at texas, everywhere I went there were private property signs vs say Boise where you just drive towards the hills and do whatever you want.

And the stress on the east coast just isnt worth it, stay in Idaho and take your trailer to jobs then go home.
Plan would be to go out in the Spring and stay till it started to suck. At least be there from Spring till Fall. Figured if I liked it I'd just stay till I didn't like it haha. Good thing about hauling a camper around is I can pack up and leave in a few hours.

Reactions: Maggot
Where to run to from north Idaho now that Seattle and Cali have pissed all over it…. We’re still on the good side of the bubble here, but it sure ain’t the same

Reactions: BCP
Where to run to from north Idaho now that Seattle and Cali have pissed all over it…. We’re still on the good side of the bubble here, but it sure ain’t the same
It ain't bad or at least real bad, eventually I'll end up in Montana, looking to buy land there in a few years hopefully when things aren't so crazy.

Reactions: JJMoody
I spent 36 years in NH. Yup, locals can be a bit taciturn on the surface but one layer underneath are quite decent, Taxachusetts transplants being the notable exception.

Yes, bend over and spread 'em when the property tax bill comes but income tax and sales tax rates are zero percent! Any land beyond your curtiledge over ten acres can be put into "Current Use" category and taxes on that are just a token. Overall government spending per capita is one of-if not the-lowest in the country. The vast majority of state and local revenue is the property tax.

No BLM land but the White Mountain National Forest is huge. If you aren't near there, most private property is not posted once you get away from the main roads. One reason is that Current Use land must remain open to recreational trespass, hunting included. If not posted, have at it. You don't need to be a surveyor, just stay out of posted property and you won't get jammed up for trespassing. And you don't have to wear orange. Or seatbelts. Or helmets. Live Free or Die.

I know Nashua Fish and Game Club used to have a 1,000 yard range. Don't know if they still do. There are a couple ranges further north that have longer ranges I'm pretty sure.

Gun Owners of New Hampshire is a very active state lobby. I've seen them fill Legislative Hall beyond capacity when a representative (yup, another transplant from the Beloved People's Republic of Marxachusetts) introduced a magazine capacity bill and scheduled a surprise hearing. In comparison, the SC activism is downright anemic if not dead.

I might make it back if I retire. Great place to be.

Lived 53 years in NH
Best time of the year is May thru June
Trust me you'll love that time of year working outdoors:LOL:
Christ, we were already into deer flies by June this past year

Easter-July4 : Labor day-Thanksgiving

Gross hot in between. At least a couple hours North, that is.

ME born and raised: skied and hiked lots in NH, some fam still there. Would not discourage any red-blooded American to move there, or here.