• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Hampshire

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 6, 2011
    MA
    P7319471[1].JPG

P7319474[1].JPG

P7319476[1].JPG

P7319475[1].JPG

Never been but it looks very pretty up there.
    I recognize that hotel I think. What’s the name? Any history behind it?

Eagle Mountain House.

Early 1900s built, the Golden Age of people travelling to big Inns like this, now kind of dated and worn, but nice as a base camp.

Going to get some hiking in, some more Saco river swimming, been trying some new whiskeys.....

I miss New Hampshire.

I miss wearing a seatbelt because I choose to.

I miss the wind in my hair riding the HD.

I miss keeping most of my paycheck. I can't stop the feds but at least the state doesn't get it's grubby paws on it too.

I miss hunting without orange.

I miss walking out my back door and having 20-30 square miles to hunt without needing to know where every boundary is

I miss paying just the sticker price when I check out.

God's country for sure.

Too bad they let Moonbats come in and vote. Often it's just for a day trip.

With all the insanity coming out of Concord lately I'm surprised there isn't a bill in this session of the legislature to rename it Massachusetts North.

I think I'll remember New Hampshire the way it used to be.

I’d love to move to NH and be a part of the Free State Project but I can’t handle the humidity of anything east of the Mississippi

I love NH, In my younger and healthier days we used to go to Hampton Bay for the Lobster festivals and taking classes at Sig Sauer Academy...and of course visiting friends in Boston ( a short drive away).

I went up there one time New Hampshire for a week, to Lake Winnipesaukee on 4th July, when I was working in Boston area for couple years .
    Went up to lake house/condo of work buddy, it was pretty nice area and they party hardy in summer there . Then winter, that lake freezes over with 2 ft. thick ice on top . The snow comes, boats are parked and they drive out, drink beer and ice fish in all winter .

Had to cancel the annual trip to Maine (thanks Rona!), so this just makes me more jealous than I thought possible.

Another Second Iron picture....cool bridge.

second iron.jpg

More cubs....I think there were three in total....

P7319479[1].JPG

P7319480[1].JPG

Sad that I now think of these as a Model T.....

phone1.jpg

phone2.jpg

Shooting at Sig Sauer on Tuesday.

@Nik H I will be shooting at Devens on Thursday.

@jbell we will be hiking Mt Jackson and Mt Pierce today.

Last edited:
    P8019514[1].JPG

Mizpah Hut...

P8019515[1].JPG

P8019516[1].JPG

Limmers with the shadow campaign selfportrait

Love my Limmers...

P8019517[1].JPG

Thanks for sharing, raised my family there, the snow and mosquitos and black flies won in the end.

Used to vacation near sunapee every few years. Did a lot of fishing and driving around lookingat all the covered bridges. I like the state, but isn’t it kinda liberal? Them black flies will drive you mad though, sure do not miss them!!!!

Used to vacation near sunapee every few years. Did a lot of fishing and driving around lookingat all the covered bridges. I like the state, but isn’t it kinda liberal? Them black flies will drive you mad though, sure do not miss them!!!!
    The lower half was infested with what are locally referred to as Mass-holes, who brought their voting habits. Turned blue the last 10+ years.

Went to visit friends on Long Island this weekend. As we crossed the NY border from CT, there was a huge billboard on the interstate that said

Tired of living in NY, NH welcomes you. I wonder if the residents know the state is trying to lure NYers to NH

Reactions: Howland
    The lower half was infested with what are locally referred to as Mass-holes, who brought their voting habits. Turned blue the last 10+ years.
    My family is from mass, they vote R but are very liberal by my standards. I am the ONLY one in the whole family with any guns. They recently called me to see what they should buy 😩 i told them to go take classes first, then go rent some guns at a range to see what they like, and I suggested 9mm in something not cheap. I hate the politics of the east coast, but love the scenery, old buildings and history.

Reactions: seansmd
    Gorgeous old Inn. Reminds me of the Antrim House in Roscoe, NY.

The boots also remind me of the boot dressing I used. It had Mink oil and it drove my Cats wild.

These days it's the altitude as much as age that keeps me off the trails.

Dang...!

Went to visit friends on Long Island this weekend. As we crossed the NY border from CT, there was a huge billboard on the interstate that said

Tired of living in NY, NH welcomes you. I wonder if the residents know the state is trying to lure NYers to NH

I'm pretty sure that one was paid for by the State of Connecticut. Even they want New Yorkers to just keep driving right through.

• Haha
    Some last pictures before reformatting the camera. Nice old iron at Second Iron and downtown North Conway....

P8029525[1].JPG

P8029526[1].JPG

P8039527[1].JPG

P8039528[1].JPG

Reactions: crackerbrown
    Pictures like this make me wish I grew up on the east coast. Even tho I always vote RED, I've got too much California in me. I think people over there would hate me now :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The candy store in North Conway, just a mention of it makes my adult children smile.

Zeb's.

Bummed me out.

Line to get in was a block long and you got instruction on how to proceed through the store.

My kids still got in there and went shithouse running wherever they wished but still it sucked.

Covid 19 is a scam.

• Angry
    I will be up in Brownfield Maine in a few weeks for a timber framing class. This is right across the border from North Conway. I was there for the basic class last year and its great country.

Thanks for this pics to get me fired up about the trip.

I will be up in Brownfield Maine in a few weeks for a timber framing class. This is right across the border from North Conway. I was there for the basic class last year and its great country.

Thanks for this pics to get me fired up about the trip.
    I have the same response to the Kittery trading post as my kids do to Zebs!

Beautiful pix. Thanks for sharing.
    I was born in Hanover, NH, and have visited regularly for a long time, even though I have lived out west since 1995.
    Spent many hours at the Eagle Mountain House, propping up the bar after slaying their nice golf course.
    Rock climbing, ice climbing, skiing - all these things I enjoy doing now I learned to do in the Granite State as a teenager.