• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Hawkins Precision Hunter DBM

HawkinsPrecision

Commercial Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Hawkins Precision has released a new bottom metal that weighs just 3 ounces and accepts AICS magazines. The Hunter DBM - https://hawkinsprecision.com/product/hunter-dbm-bottom-metal/

The Hunter DBM bottom metal is designed for shooters that are looking for a flush mounted bottom metal that will accept AICS pattern magazines.

The bottom metal is machined from a single piece of billet 6061 and features a patented cantilever spring mag release system that will not open under heavy recoil. The magazine release is also adjustable, sleek and all but impossible to actuate accidentally.

The Hunter DBM is made to fit into an M5 inlet. It is available for Remington 700 actions, and all Remington 700 clones. Comes with pillars and action screws.

Attachments

• P1010366.jpg
    P1010366.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 97
  • P1010368.jpg
    P1010368.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 101
  • P1010370.jpg
    P1010370.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 152
  • P1010373.jpg
    P1010373.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 126
  • P1010376.jpg
    P1010376.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 114
@HawkinsPrecision , big fan of your products! Does your pic rail accessory for your M5 dbm fit on this? For a hunting scenario, for me that's hard to beat. Let's me use my Anvil head to spot, and shoot.

@HawkinsPrecision , big fan of your products! Does your pic rail accessory for your M5 dbm fit on this? For a hunting scenario, for me that's hard to beat. Let's me use my Anvil head to spot, and shoot.

The pic rail will not work on these. The pic rail is keyed for the M5 DBM, and we wanted these to sit flush in stocks for hunters. Attached a photo of the bottom side in a stock.
P1010466-L.jpg

@HawkinsPrecision will these accept AW mags? Building a lightweight 6.5 PRC on a lone peak action. I’m crossing my fingers it’ll work. Love the look and the weight!

You may have some troubles with an AW magazine in this. They are made for the AICS pattern mags to give folks the most options. On our M5 DBM we use a taller latch on the AWs so they sit higher.

Have you all been working with any mags that fit flush as well ?

We sure have been, and they are available through Altus Shooting Solutions right now.

Reactions: Fat Dark Earth
Reactions: HawkinsPrecision
If it's the bottom metal currently on their website, no. It needs to be a flush bottom metal with no barricade stop.
It will also work with APA RTG and Gen 1 Badger M5 DBMs.

Thanks. Mine is an older Seekins, flush with no barricade stop and mag release built into the trigger guard.

John