• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New here and just finished my first .308

Mark L

Private
Minuteman
Oct 13, 2010
San Diego
Hey guys i just finished my first semi-auto .308. Its a JD receiver set, 22" citadel barrel, DD rail, Millet LRS-1, standard trigger and BCG for now and you can see the rest. Just looking for opinions

100_0666.jpg

100_0675.jpg

100_0669-1.jpg

Re: New here and just finished my first .308

That looks awesome. Have you had a chance to shoot it yet?

Yeah i did a break in that was not fun at all. But it shoots great at 100. Thats as far as i have gone with it. im in San Diego and there are not many places to shoot here but i just heard there is a 1000yrd range about 40mins north so i want to check it out

Looks beautiful. I love these rifles. I have a similar one and she shoots great!

right on i love them too. Now im ready for another build just dont know what. Maybe a bolt gun???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mark L</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah i did a break in that was not fun at all.
</div></div>

why no fun? my hunting buddy has an Armalite AR-10 that is an absolute joy to shoot. hard to believe how little recoil it has for a .308

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Big_Red</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mark L</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah i did a break in that was not fun at all.
</div></div>

why no fun? my hunting buddy has an Armalite AR-10 that is an absolute joy to shoot. hard to believe how little recoil it has for a .308 </div></div>

Well I just dont like to clean after every round. Thats how i do my break ins

great rifle i love it.

not to bust your balls but you should do a search on breakins on this site

looks great- any groups yet? how is the balance??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: epdesign</div><div class="ubbcode-body">great rifle i love it.

not to bust your balls but you should do a search on breakins on this site </div></div>

Will do thanks

Low serial # - tell me you got 007. ;-)

Nice rig - love to see how it shoots.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GRIM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Low serial # - tell me you got 007. ;-)

Nice rig - love to see how it shoots. </div></div>

No i wish but i did get an AR lower from them with 00077 which i thought was cool since thats the year i was born

mark L

Nice looking stick! Hope it shoots as well as it looks.

Just out of curiosity, what were the legal aspects of having that stick in SD? I moved from SD to Omaha about 5 years ago. Yeah, I know...don't even ask why. Anyhow, in that time, I've acquired many weapons, unfortunately most of which don't appear to be legal in CA. Now I'm faced with a high likelihood of having to move back to SD in the next year and I'm wondering what I'm going to do with all my weapons (the "non-compliant" ones anyhow). I have a lot of $$$ tied up in them, so I'm not pleased with the prospect from that angle as you might imagine. I may have to just dig a hole somewhere (LOL).

Finally, where in SD have you been shooting, and where/what is the range 40 min north? Thanks in advance for any info you can give me on the legal aspects of CA gun ownership.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gstaylorg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">mark L

Just out of curiosity, what were the legal aspects of having that stick in SD? I moved from SD to Omaha about 5 years ago. Yeah, I know...don't even ask why. Anyhow, in that time, I've acquired many weapons, unfortunately most of which don't appear to be legal in CA. Now I'm faced with a high likelihood of having to move back to SD in the next year and I'm wondering what I'm going to do with all my weapons (the

"non-compliant" ones anyhow). I have a lot of $$$ tied up in them, so I'm not pleased with the prospect from that angle as you might imagine. I may have to just dig a hole somewhere (LOL).

Finally, where in SD have you been shooting, and where/what is the range 40 min north? Thanks in advance for any info you can give me on the legal aspects of CA gun ownership. </div></div>

If I may chime in here..
The only lowers you can have in CA are ones that are not on the ban list. Most of the major manufactures are on the ban list, however the Manufacture AND series must be on the list to make it illegal. All of DPMS lowers are not legal.

As far as other "Evil Features" go, if you want a pistol grip, collapsible stock, forward grip... than the magazine must require a tool to remove it. The simple way around this is to get something like a bullet button which replaces the standard mag release with one that needs to be pushed with something smaller than your finger (like the tip of a bullet)

Also, no magazines over 10 rnds

http://calnra.com/cgi-bin/flowchart.cgi

That is an interactive flowchart for "Assault Weapons" in California..should help you out.

Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions about Ca Legal firearms

Great looking rifle...how long did it take??

Thanks for your reply Cybnew. If you don't mind, I will send a PM with some questions...I'll try to get to it this weekend. Thanks again!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gstaylorg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">mark L

Just out of curiosity, what were the legal aspects of having that stick in SD? I moved from SD to Omaha about 5 years ago. Yeah, I know...don't even ask why. Anyhow, in that time, I've acquired many weapons, unfortunately most of which don't appear to be legal in CA. Now I'm faced with a high likelihood of having to move back to SD in the next year and I'm wondering what I'm going to do with all my weapons (the "non-compliant" ones anyhow). I have a lot of $$$ tied up in them, so I'm not pleased with the prospect from that angle as you might imagine. I may have to just dig a hole somewhere (LOL).

Finally, where in SD have you been shooting, and where/what is the range 40 min north? Thanks in advance for any info you can give me on the legal aspects of CA gun ownership. </div></div>

Sorry i was away from the Computer. The guy that replyed is correct. and i shoot at P2K, South bay rod and gun and orosco ridge. the 40 min place is on pala res land.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gstaylorg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for your reply Cybnew. If you don't mind, I will send a PM with some questions...I'll try to get to it this weekend. Thanks again! </div></div>

No problem!

Nice piece of hardware ya got there. How do you like the scope? I had a chance to buy one before my Monarch, but was skeptic on Millet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: iamsniper1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice piece of hardware ya got there. How do you like the scope? I had a chance to buy one before my Monarch, but was skeptic on Millet. </div></div>

I had a chance to check one out before i bought it since my friend has one. IMHO its the best scope in that price range. i know i might get some flak for that statement but i believe it.