• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New here, eager to learn from the experienced members here!

RNEMTP

Private
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2020
Hello all, I’m new here. I’m looking forward to learning from you all. I recently bought a precision rifle and I’m interested in getting into competitive shooting. I’ve attached a pic of my rifle. It’s a Ruger Precision 6.5 Creedmoor with a Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25x56 ffp scope.
219C4F75-F1DB-46C5-87ED-E05E8C478367.jpeg

Welcome to the Hide

I would read as much as possible but if you really want to learn quickly, I strongly suggest that you sign up for the online training. At $18/month, it is a steal. You can cancel whenever you like as well

Reactions: RNEMTP
What topic are you looking to get more info or what topic would you like to start with? But as mentioned by Nik H, this is a great place to learn if you are willing to listen and I’m sure you would benefit from the online training as well.

What topic are you looking to get more info or what topic would you like to start with? But as mentioned by Nik H, this is a great place to learn if you are willing to listen and I’m sure you would benefit from the online training as well.
I’m interested in most topics. I’m new to this so I’m not sure yet which topics specifically. I know I’d like to learn long range shooting. I guess for now I’d like to ring steel at 1000+. I’ve only ever shot out to 500 before. Mostly because there wasn’t opportunity to shoot further.

I’m interested in most topics. I’m new to this so I’m not sure yet which topics specifically. I know I’d like to learn long range shooting. I guess for now I’d like to ring steel at 1000+. I’ve only ever shot out to 500 before. Mostly because there wasn’t opportunity to shoot further.
Welcome to The Hide :)
If your in the Southern California area shoot me a PM and we can set something up for you and hit the range free of charge. I might know a thing or two to share and get you up to speed but in the meantime do the online training here...

Mike R.

Welcome to The Hide :)
If your in the Southern California area shoot me a PM and we can set something up for you and hit the range free of charge. I might know a thing or two to share and get you up to speed but in the meantime do the online training here...

Mike R.
I’ll be doing the online training here. That is a generous offer, unfortunately I live in Michigan so California is a bit of a drive. Lol I appreciate your offer.

I’ll be doing the online training here. That is a generous offer, unfortunately I live in Michigan so California is a bit of a drive. Lol I appreciate your offer.
No worries I looked at your profile and there was no location so I took a shot you'd might be in my area...
Your most welcome and the offer still stands if you ever come this way ;)

Mike R.

Reactions: RNEMTP
I guess I don’t know where to look. I don’t see anything called sub form

Sub forum means it has its own area. There are several sub forums.

It should be the online training forum.

No worries I looked at your profile and there was no location so I took a shot you'd might be in my area...
Your most welcome and the offer still stands if you ever come this way ;)

Mike R.
That was a kind offer and a genuinely bitching thing to do. Hopefully I will run into you on some range out here once I figure out where to shoot. Lunch or a fishing trip are on me if we do. This has to be the best "community", online or otherwise, I have run into in a long time.

That was a kind offer and a genuinely bitching thing to do. Hopefully I will run into you on some range out here once I figure out where to shoot. Lunch or a fishing trip are on me if we do. This has to be the best "community", online or otherwise, I have run into in a long time.
Fishing trip like I could drop a line in the water ? I'm down that sounds like a lot of fun get my ass out of the shop for a minute lol
Thank you for the offer...

Mike R.

Things to do in no particular order:

Start at Sniper's Hide podcast #1 and Modern Day Sniper podcast #1 and take notes.

Get the "Weaponized Math" and follow it all the way to 1000 yards easy.

Read Bryan Litz book, Accuracy and Precision for Long Range Shooting.

Shoot and go shoot more. When you feel like spending money on stuff, with a few exceptions, squash that feeling and go buy more ammo instead.

Forgot to mention, welcome.

One other point, $1,000.00 in quality training is more valuable than $1,000.00 in pretty much anything else. The offer for training and fishing is worth more than the cost to arrange a flight to CA. Think about that mid winter in MI, lol.