• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

new here

awe2

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 7, 2010
pleasantshade,tn
I have been reading for a month now. Ihave learned alot from everything i have read.You all are great for helping new guys.I am looking forward to reading alot more and learning alot more.I have been shooting since i was big enough to hold a gun,but have recently became interested in long range shooting.My main problem is looseing sight picture when i fire.I have changed positions several times and still no help.I am going to try a sling around my off hand next.Any help will be great. Thanks

Re: new here

First of all, welcome to the Hide. There is an incredible amount of information at your disposal here. Best advice: search first, ask second. My post count stayed pretty low at first because as a new long range shooter, the issues and questions I faced were common and regularly discussed.

In terms of your sight picture difficulties, it likely results from recoil throwing you off target, stemming from a poor shooting position / natural point of aim. Your best resource is to join the online training here. Search " snipershide" or "shlowlight" on YouTube for teaser videos of the online training. If I remember correctly, there is a recoil management / bipod hop video, in addition to a use of sling video. That should get you started. Lowlight and the instructors explain it better than I could here, and seeing it in action helps me more as well.

Again: Welcome!