• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New high power Nightforce NX8?

Had the pleasure of shooting these a few months back. That's actually me in one of those lovely pictures up there. Coming from someone who deals with too many scopes everyday, I really think these are going to be a game-changer. There up on the site now and we're currently taking orders. Take a look at sportoptics.com and if it's something you're interested in, even if you're wanting to know more about it or whatever, just give us a call and ask for Jayse.

Looks like the power ring is now separate from the rear ocular....which is really nice if that's the case.
No more spinning caps.

Reactions: phxfa
At least during the wait for MIL-XT in the Fall I'll have a bunch of reviews to consume, and hopefully be able to get hands-on with one as well.

Reactions: newguy2k3v2
So the PDF says 50mm objective for the 8-32 but the listing on sportoptics.com says 56?
Which is it?

Well, we will see soon enough. I ordered mine. Looking at a July delivery hopefully. Looking forward to getting it an wringing it out. Looks great for a gas gun scope.

Reactions: blindeye
NF is saying July. Having been in this industry for a VERY long time I will say that no date of delivery is anything more than a guesstimate. Once they have them in house or confirmation that they're on the way and can QC them we will know for sure a true delivery time.
With that said pre-ordering is the way to go to be among the 1st to get one.

Reactions: b6graham
I’m aware of that.
It is the LEO rep telling me. I’ve been on board since SHOT Show waiting for these. Waiting since January, what’s another month or two ? ?

Reactions: RS14
Really debating between one of these or a razor hd2. Wish I could look through one before I decided. Sadly there aren’t any local shops that stock high end optics in my area.

Aside from the digillum this is exactly what I've been waiting for. Hope the 2.5-20x is as nice as it looks. If so it'll be on all my rifles.

It's pretty freaking bad ass, we will be posting our impressions of the 2.5-20 soon :cool:

No photo description available.

Are you saying you have them in hand for sale already???

ad5.gif

I’m usually not one to try out the first run but for some reason I really want one of the 4-32. Right now all I have is a gen 1 razor that is like 5years old and gen 2 pst. I’ve been using the veterans discount for the vortex products which makes all of the vortex hard to beat for me, been planning on getting a gen 2 razor for awhile but man I’m really having to restrain myself from preordering one of these. These look great on paper, check every box for my needs including the price.

I’m really a big fan of the ebr-2c type reticles but other than that this scope looks awesome for my needs. Although the ebr-2c may not work well in the 4-32 magnification range on the top and low end.

As soon as I found out about the 2.5-20x I was on the phone with CS Tactical. Pre-ordered the MOAR w/ OD Green cerakote. High hopes for this one!

Reactions: CSTactical
I’m usually not one to try out the first run but for some reason I really want one of the 4-32. Right now all I have is a gen 1 razor that is like 5years old and gen 2 pst. I’ve been using the veterans discount for the vortex products which makes all of the vortex hard to beat for me, been planning on getting a gen 2 razor for awhile but man I’m really having to restrain myself from preordering one of these. These look great on paper, check every box for my needs including the price.

I’m really a big fan of the ebr-2c type reticles but other than that this scope looks awesome for my needs. Although the ebr-2c may not work well in the 4-32 magnification range on the top and low end.

FYI, NF has an individual mil purchase program, not sure if/when these will be on it, but figured I’d mention it.

Leupold does as well and the discounts are pretty big.

Reactions: Muley Buck

I heard that Nightforce will help out with pricing for Military / LEO. Probably worth a phone call.

Reactions: bourbonbent
@bourbonbent thanks. I checked nightforce for a discount quite awhile back (probably has been 5 years when i bought the gen 1 razor) and at the time it was for active or retired but I just went to their website and they now give discount for veterans as well they say. I can’t believe I did not know this. Wonder how long they have been giving veterans discounts, it is really awesome that these companies do this. Well I got a feeling my bank account is about to take a hit.

Reactions: bourbonbent
@bourbonbent @Muley Buck thanks for the heads up and bourbonbent thanks for the contact info. Sent email and had confirmation and price list in 30mins. I haven’t ever bought anything but scope bases from nightforce before, I have wanted to but have continually went with vortex products. Well, nightforce has just earned my business, not that I am done with vortex, they are awesome as well.

Glad for all the good companies and support in this sport/hobby, not just the veterans programs but the all out support and helpfulness of many of the companies for the sport/hobby in general.

I will quit with derailing this thread now.

Daylight bright illumination or no? Because it’s going to have to be for that reticle to be remotely useable

Why do you need an illuminated reticle during the day? Is the black crosshair hard to see?
Bang

I think he is saying that sometimes in an FFP scope it can be difficult to balance the reticle size. If you make the reticle small enough that it’s not too large at max zoom then it’s almost too small to see at the minimum zoom and you need the illumination just to see it because it is so fine.

Reactions: deersniper
@bourbonbent @Muley Buck thanks for the heads up and bourbonbent thanks for the contact info. Sent email and had confirmation and price list in 30mins. I haven’t ever bought anything but scope bases from nightforce before, I have wanted to but have continually went with vortex products. Well, nightforce has just earned my business, not that I am done with vortex, they are awesome as well.

Glad for all the good companies and support in this sport/hobby, not just the veterans programs but the all out support and helpfulness of many of the companies for the sport/hobby in general.

I will quit with derailing this thread now.
I am not a Vet nor have I served. I also am not a LEO, but I have the utmost respect and hold those that do in high regard. Thank you. I believe you boys should get better pricing than the general public. As you have earned it, and some! It's great that these companies offer this for you guys. ??

Reactions: Voyager1
I am still confused as to why they selected a 30mm. I feel like that's gong backwards. Why not stick with a 34? Will have to wait and see how they look when out. I was really hoping for a 34mm and there new reticle.

I am still confused as to why they selected a 30mm. I feel like that's gong backwards. Why not stick with a 34? Will have to wait and see how they look when out. I was really hoping for a 34mm and there new reticle.

I think they are trying to gear it towards hunters. The 30mm and consequential weight savings on the scope and rings appeals to me as a hunter. My 4-32 NX8 and Talley LW’s will be around 7-8 oz lighter than an ATACR with 34 mm rings. The ATACR looked ridiculous, IMO, on my lightweight rifle too.

34mm is purely for erector travel right? Is more than 70 MOA ever utilized? Seriously asking from an ignorant standpoint. New to all of this.

Good question. I thought it helped in light transfer also but I could be wrong. Will have to let one of the experts tell us.

I am very interested in the 2.5-20. I’m looking for my first ffp scope that I can plink with long range and deer hunt with. I too was wondering about reticle size at 2.5 but with digilum I think I’ll be fine. This would be going on my 6.5 Saum.

MilXT coming in fall

normally 34mm is needed to get the 26/32mil travel they have on these. but aimed somewhere in the middle between hunt/target/comp the 30mm will look more at home on those rifles

I would be uninterested in these if they had 34mm tubes. The 4-16 ATACR was the first 34mm tube scope I bought. At the time I was pretty excited thinking I had found the perfect crossover scope. Then it arrived and the first thought was there's no way that's going on that rifle. I eventually built a rifle with a CF barrel so it doesn't look too out of place.

I have the 2.5-20 on order. I keep going back and forth on whether I should have started with the 4-32, but the shorter length won out. Can't wait to get it!

I can’t wait for someone to review the 2.5-20. I’m wondering if this would fit the bill for a long range/hunting optic. Reticle size at 2.5 doesn’t bother me too much since some of my deer come within 50 yards of me, plus illumination should help. Anyone have any thoughts if this would be a good option for what I’m wanting to do?

Reactions: Moose
This is shaping up to be one of the best hybrid scopes around with full "tactical/snipery" features. A good tactical scope/rifle is always a great hunting rifle...just usually too heavy/bulky...and the NX8 addresses both of those issues.
Thank you for your input on the NX8.

Thank you for your input on the NX8.
For what it’s worth , I was torn between both for a hunting setup so I called NF and asked what the FOV would be at 20x on both. They said that at 20x they are both identical ! The weight is negligible between the two so the only big difference I see is the length. I don’t mind the length so I went with the 32x

Good question. I thought it helped in light transfer also but I could be wrong. Will have to let one of the experts tell us.

Main tube size has absolutely nothing to do with light transmission. It's the size of the objective that brings in all the light and transfers it to our eye...

Main tube size has absolutely nothing to do with light transmission. It's the size of the objective that brings in all the light and transfers it to our eye...

Not exactly... It is a combination of objective size, body tube size, glass quality and overall optical design.

Objective lens size also has an effect on resolution capabilities as well (larger is usually better).