• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Howa 308

BAMAboy18

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2020
Just made my 1st introduction post. So I came accross a new black Hogue Howa with a 16" threaded barrel at Buds gun shop for just over $500 and ordered it. As soon as I got it home I pulled out my old 20" Axiom and switched stocks and triggers, I put the nicer bottom metal in the Hogue and zipped it up in a case for ??
I ordered a PT&G bottom metal for use of AICS mags (these are on sale right now for $119!) I'm not sure what I'll do for optics, my Axiom had a decent older Weaver 4-12x50 30mm IR tatical on it with 2pc bases, I'm more a fan of 1pc and even more so of integrated rings like DNZ reapers. This will be primarily a hunting rig. I know folks knock the less rigid Knoxx stock, but I like it and already have it, that said, it's not set in stone that I'll keep it. A lot depends on the bottom metal, so we'll see...

The axiom gets the job done and the price was right too. 👍

I had actually bought the axiom used, about 6 years ago for like $650 with the Weaver scope. My first Howa was bought new maybe 15 years ago, I think for less than $400, had a Tasco Titan mounted on it, killed many a whitetail with it.
Back in 2010 I survived by selling off most of my guns and ammo, that was just one that had to go.
So, I guess I'm going with a 1 piece scope base, just sniped an auction foe a used Outer impact rail on ebay for $20. I'm not really a cheapskate, but I am frugal always shopping for a deal, lol ;)

Good snag on your rail. I shelled out twice that for the rail on mine. I bought my howa about 6 months ago and It came in a axiom but the fella also gave me the plastic stock it came with new. Happy shooting

Last edited:
Reactions: BAMAboy18