• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New idea for a wind meter

[email protected]

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 11, 2012
Wouldn't it be cool if you had a bottle of baby powder built into a wind meter. You would then press the button, angle the wind head (moveable) in that direction and on the display it would tell you what % of the full value wind that is.

Never forget that since wind (at all times) is variable, doping the wind is as much an art as it is a science. Stop thinking about gadgets, go outside and shoot. Shoot a couple hours in advance of a storm, in a storm, on blue bird days, at UKD spots that are mountainous, and that are flat. In short, while you can flatten the learning curve; there is no substitute for experience.

I get that it doesn't need to be exact, because that's a measurement at one place. However I like to take that one measurement as accurately as possible to gauge the rest of the wind better. And I'm carting a wind meter around anyways, I would buy a new one if it did this, along with temp and pressure.