• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New in Northern CA

Aegis

Private
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2014
San Joaquin County
Hello - joined up as I have become more interested in the disciplines involved in tactical rifle. Making first round hits at long range sounds like fun, I'd like to learn more about doping the wind, range estimation, etc..

Most of my rifle shooting has been with varmint rifles - .17AH, .17 MachIV, .17 Rem, .223, .22-250 and .243. Not a lot of dope involved with a .17 Remington.

I am kind of tired of bench guns, the idea of a more compact rifle capable of long range shooting is very appealing.

Anyway, I'm building a 6.5 grendel AR and trying to decide on rebarreling a bolt gun I have or going with a new platform. The hide has a ton of info to help that decision, I'm soaking it up.

Hope to check out the matches at Sac Valley Shooting center soon.

I went to the Sac Valley Shooting Center on Saturday it was my first time there. Very nice, very nice. Unlike most other ranges I've been to in the SF Bay Area except Petaluma it has really nice folks and is really really clean. I will be checking in on some of the NCPPRC matches myself. It was Mark Soulie that informed me about the club. I needed a little work done on my GAP so when I went to his shop. HE DID THE WORK WHILE I WATCHED and talked about the matches there. Great guy. It is a drive some 120 miles from home but worth it. I just need to look over the maps a little and find another route not to include mostly I80. I have done many bicycle road rides in the area of Sloughhouse and have done some motorcycle rides that included the same area. Nice really nice compared to what I've been experiencing.
Bill