• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New in SA, TX

dbowhunter

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Sep 27, 2012
Michigan
Hey everyone! Thought I'd throw a quick shout to say hello. Born in MI, spent time in NE, CA, and now living in SA, TX for the last 3.

Been lurking and posting here and there for a couple weeks. I think I've been infected with the disease as I contemplate a first entry into the realm of tactical shooting.

Hoping to find a member or two with more experience then me to help with the learning curve. I know I am a bad shot, but then again I don't know I thing so hoping to learn a lot. Only real shooting I've done is sighting in my hunting rifles and shooting at whatever moves (in season of course) without ever thinking or really caring about real accuracy.

I also have a nagging interest in gunsmithing work, a miracle would be meeting someone close to local to start sharing some tricks for my free labor when available.

My first passion is backcountry archery hunts, but since those are far away from south Texas, I figured I needed another expensive hobby for the other 50 weeks in the year.

Here's to good times to come!

(handle changed today...)

Last edited:
This forum in a wealth of knowledge and doesn't cost you a dime to get it. Enjoy the gunsmithing and marksmanship forums as that's where the real experts are at for what you seek. Everything else comes down to shooting as much as you absolutely can.

Professional training isn't too far from you at Rifles Only as well. Welcome!

Thought I would add that the online training is well worth it for someone really looking to start out with the fundamentals of marksmanship the right way. Well worth it...

Thanks you sir. We're looking forward to learning plenty.

Rifles Only would be a great trip some day.

Thanks for the heads up on those 2 forums to watch, and the online training. Once i get a rifle in hand that is close to fitting for the purpose, I'll be all over it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

DBow... I'm in SA myself.. I rifle and archery hunt alittle east of here and i work in a gunsmith shop if youd be interested in alittle tour...Hit me up if ya want, text is best 210-624-1590

DBow... I'm in SA myself.. I rifle and archery hunt alittle east of here and i work in a gunsmith shop if youd be interested in alittle tour...Hit me up if ya want, text is best 210-624-1590

PM sent, we'll have to meet up sometime...

Thank you for the offer.