• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New JAE-700 Rifle Stock

awclark79

Private
Minuteman
Sep 7, 2014
New member to the Forum, but I have been using it to help me make purchases for a while. I just received the JAE-700 rifle stock I ordered 6 months ago. Here is a recap of my experience. BLUF: Happy with my purchase and the stock's performance.

Purchase:
After placing my order, I was contacted by a representative of the company stating that they had a canceled order similar to my order, but with a few minor differences. If I went with the canceled order, I would have my stock in about 4 months. If I didn't, it would be more like 12 months.

I went with the cancelled order, and 4 months later, contacted the company for an update. I was told two more weeks...every two weeks for another two months. This had me concerned, but it did finally arrive. Lisa was very friendly and kept me informed.

I was replacing the generic black synthetic stock on my Remington 700p TWS from 2004. I took it to my local range (currently stationed in NY, had to drive an hour to find range) and attempted to zero. I was using Hornady 165 gr GMX at 2750 fps. I was shooting off of a gg&g bipod at an indoor 100 yd range.

Shooting:
Initially, I had a horrible shot group. The rounds were all over the place, at about a 4 MOA spread. I was concerned that the harmonics of the stock were off. I was also concerned that it was my scope or maybe I sucked. My shot groupings were large and moved from shot group to shot group.

I put the rifle on a shooting sled and still had issues. I replaced the scope (Shepherd) with my Leupold VX-III and started getting sub MOA groupings. That was after firing 40 rounds attempting to figure out what was wrong. By then my arms and eyes were tired and I believe I could likely have shot better fresh. In the end, the shot groups were better than my historic groups with the factory stock. I have attached my second to last shot group. (the last shot group was on the same target and looks pretty crowded.)
Picture2.jpg
Review:
The stock felt extremely ergonomic. I liked the way it sat in my shoulder and my hand. It is also fairly heavy.
Picture1.jpg

I love mine, I just need to use more time behind it, also love my JAE 100 really helped the accuracy in my M1A

If they could get their act together on manufacturing this stock in a decent time line they could take a big bite of this industry. I would be all over one if I didn't have to wait two weeks to almost two years, which is the time line I seen people say it took them to get one.

The wait is not enjoyable at all. However once you receive the chassis it is nothing but enjoyable. If you waited only 6 months you can count yourself fortunate.
Now that you have it enjoy it. I have not found any chassis that I like more.