• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New JP 6.5 Grendel upper

Jaytrigger

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 6, 2011
Fort Gordon GA
What is the best way to loosen up these allen screwes to pul the handguard off (i want a different handguard).
They are incredibly tight and will not budge one bit. I sprayed Kroil on all of them and let them sit but no avail yet.

Any Ideas?

If you have a heat gun use that if not use a blow dryer. Getting them hot should soften the locktite enough to get the screws out.

If you have a soldering iron. You can heat the screw for a tad bit and soften the loctite. It should start softening at 500 degrees F. Don't use a hand torch because that will put too much heat into the hand guard and possibly barrel. But clean the Kroil off before heating just in case you hit it's flash point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So after using a sodering iron for awhile.... I still cannot get this thing apart. Ill see if i can find a Shop around me that will take it apart.